All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. What's new about 8.01 version besides being free ? I have boostc++ pro licence.
  3. Delayed reply, even thus maybe helpfull for others As Reynard said, why not... #include <system.h> // zero at the end, to end of string detection rom char *test_txt = "\n\rMatrix Controller Test mode\n\r\0"; void puts( rom char* c ) { for( unsigned char i=0;;i++ ) { while( !txsta.TRMT ) clear_wdt(); if( c[i] != 0 ) { txreg = c[i]; } else break; } } void main( void ) { puts( test_txt ); while(1); } regards
  4. Last week
  5. Earlier
  6. Hi For sure I would like to have a linux version of BoostC. I have a licenced V7 and its one of the few things that makes me keep a Windows partition on my laptop. If possible, fully integrated in MplabX Best regards Jorge
  7. Hi Rob, You don't have any test for the end of string null when it comes along. Cheers Reynard
  8. Hi I am trying to print a rom string to the serial port, the strings are defined thus: rom char *test_txt = "\n\rMatrix Controller Test mode\n\r"; rom char *txt1 = "Connect an 80R 10W resistor across pins 11 and 19\n\r"; rom char *txt2 = "Press Enter when ready\n\r"; i use the following call: puts (test_txt); where puts() is: void puts(rom char* c) { char cc; char i; for( i = 0; cc = c[ i ]; i++ ) putc( cc ); } void putc(char c) { txsta.TXEN = 1; txreg = c; while (txsta.TRMT == 0) clear_wdt(); } But all of the strings are printed one after the other and then looping to the start again until the 255 char limit is reached, it appears that the routine isn't detecting the end of string \0 - i also tried putting a \0 at the end os each string, I have checked the prog mem and each rom strings ends in a retlw 0 Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, i'm using a pic16F887 processor, the above code works fine on a pic 18F25 series chip regards rob carter
  9. PC date and time (of compiling) can be used, using the following: rom char *build_date = __DATE__ ; // 11 chars. Eg: "Aug 01 2018" rom char *build_time = __TIME__ ; // 8 chars. Eg: "12:45:30" You can access build_date and build_time using [ ]
  10. Just wondered if there is any method by which PC real time may be imported into BoostC?
  11. When I compile the attached program with BoostC and Chameleon, the configuration bits are not the same. I made the program very simple and covered all possible configuration bits. With BoostC I get : 0E3C 0E1F 0300 0081 C00F E00F 400F Chameleon: 0E1D 0007 0300 0081 C00F E00F 400F I also noticed that the timing for both programs are not correct. I am running the latest version (8.01). I have been using BoostC for years and this is the first time I experience something like this. Any help/comment would be appreciated. Thanx main.c
  12. Thanks ! It works again, installed version 8.01 (had also virus issues..), and ticking everything in the installation process 😉 I can show my students the simulation in SourceBoost again ! Thanks ! Caroline
  13. I suspect this is because of protection system we use though I never saw such troyan warning in my development environment. Please try an experimental build with minimal/no protection from http://www.sourceboost.com/CommonDownload/Binaries/sourceboostv801.exe Update: I checked multiple files included into the installation on Virus Total and it seems that executables built under Visual Studio 2008 generate such false positives. I created a test program that consists of an empty _tmain function, built it with Visual Studio 2008 and tested under Virus Total. It reported a 1 false positive. Another update: I think I have sorted out the virus total false positives. The new 8.01 build doesn't trigger any reports. Will publish it later today. Pavel
  14. Quick search on google: "The machine is missing the correct C++ runtime components for your type of system." In the SourceBoost install process you can check the boxes to install visual 2008, 2009 and 2010, did you ?
  15. Hi Pavel, I scanned sourceboost800.exe using VirusTotal and it reported a couple of problems: CMC: Trojan.Win32.Hesv!O Trapmine: Suspicious.low.ml.score JK
  16. Hello, Nice that SourceBoost has a free download. I'm a teacher and I use SourceBoost to learn my students (technical students 17-18j old) to program PIC microcontrollers (and to simulate) in BoostC. Unfortunately they (and me) are using the 6.97 version. I was excited about the free version and tried to install it, with a code 14001 and sxstrace.exe problem. And it is Corona time...and I'm teaching online...and this afternoon I wanted to show them some simulation with the 7 segment displays....Can anyone help me quickly so I can restore the 6.97 version or I can use the new version...? Thanks!
  17. Hi Pavel, I see a couple of warnings about virus using Virus Total on file sourceboostv800.exe. Trojan.Win32.Hesv!O and Trapmine Suspicious.low.ml.score ??? Suspicious.low.ml.score Suspicious.low.ml.score Trojan.Win32.Hesv!O Trapmine Suspicious.low.ml.score JK
  18. The answer to the above question is very important for me. I have been using the paid version of BoostC for the last 14 years or so at work for commercial projects, including some recently new ones. Not that I really need improvements, but do need to know if there will still be someone backing this product, or should I begin thinking about switching to a different compiler.
  19. Free, does that mean you abandon it, or is this a new business model? Anyway, i have told my wife to donate you $4 so you can have a beer. I used Sourceboost a lot, learned how to program with it (C4 PIC16 Matrix multimedia) later on got the Pro V6 and V7 licences, but if it gets abandoned, (no new target support) it becomes nice for hobby projects and for learning to program on older controllers. For commercial projects on new controllers you can ask yourself if it is a good choice or not. Cheers!
  20. SourceBoost 8.00 is now FREE and available from www.sourceboost.com
  21. Good news, Pavel! I've been using SB for more than 10 years, I'll be glad to make a donation! 🤗
  22. After a long break we are about to release a new version which will be free with optional donation to support developers. Regards, Pavel
  23. After a long break we are about to release a new compiler build. The BoostC compiler family will be free with optional donation to support developers. Regards, Pavel
  24. Sso not a good idea to base a new project
  25. By the lack of any forum activity or updates from the compiler authors over a significant amount of time it appears SourceBoost products are now abandon ware. Too bad... 😡
  26. Hi, Is anyone getting support from SourceBoost or able to buy license? Thanks John
  1. Load more activity