18 replies to this topic

#1 Pavel

Pavel

Super Maniac

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:33 AM

This story is just an example what happens sometimes when users order software from us but use unreliable ISPs:

Last week we got an upgrade order from one of our customers. Same day we sent this customer a mail with a product license and key. This mail wasn't delivered because this customer's ISP filtered it out as spam. This ISP sent us a mail where it explained what happened and asked to send another mail to a special address to remove us from their spam filter. We sent another mail to this special address. Guess what happened... We recieved another response back that said that this mail is spam too and it wasn't delivered either. This week we got mail from this customer who asked what happened with his order. We replied and explained the situation but you can guess now what happened next. This mail was also filtered out by customer's ISP.

Conclusion. If you have ordered a product and don't get the license mail from us this most likely means that something is wrong with your e-mail account or ISP. (We always contact our customers who bought our software and during several years we sell software it happened only two or three times when customers didn't get their license mails because of our fault.) Try to send us a mail from different account or send a personal message to Dave or Pavel in this support forum.

Regards,
Pavel

PS: We've just got another customer who sends us mails from yahoo mail account and though we reply back to all his mails it seems that he doesn't recieve them and sends us the same question over and over again.

#2 Jenn

Jenn

Newbrie

• EstablishedMember
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:04 PM

snip...

Conclusion. If you have ordered a product and don't get the license mail from us this most likely means that something is wrong with your e-mail account or ISP.

snip...

I don't seem to be able to post new topics so:

Subject: a couple of questions

1) I just bought the BoostC Pro compiler for Pic. I would like to get the plug-ins and goodies and I have tried both of them with my BoostC pro license key without any luck. Are they separate licenses?
2) The upper/lower case thing with registers is unique among Pic compilers. Microchip, HT, CCS, CC5X all use upper case for their defs of registers. Using upper case register defs makes the BoostC code more portable among Pic C compilers. I understand your lower case for variables and upper case for constants/defs philosophy as it applies to pure C applications, but embedded systerms are different animals. To this end, I tried making a new 16F690 include file with upper case variables. It compiles and succeeds just fine but the linker throws a "duplicate global declaration" for the STATUS,INDF, FSR, and PCL registers and I don't understand why since I only declared them once.

My defs look like:
volatile unsigned char PCL @ 0x82;
volatile unsigned char STATUS @ 0x83;
volatile unsigned char FSR @ 0x84;

#3 Jenn

Jenn

Newbrie

• EstablishedMember
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

This story is just an example what happens sometimes when users order software from us but use unreliable ISPs:

Last week we got an upgrade order from one of our customers. Same day we sent this customer a mail with a product license and key. This mail wasn't delivered because this customer's ISP filtered it out as spam. This ISP sent us a mail where it explained what happened and asked to send another mail to a special address to remove us from their spam filter. We sent another mail to this special address. Guess what happened... We recieved another response back that said that this mail is spam too and it wasn't delivered either. This week we got mail from this customer who asked what happened with his order. We replied and explained the situation but you can guess now what happened next. This mail was also filtered out by customer's ISP.

Conclusion. If you have ordered a product and don't get the license mail from us this most likely means that something is wrong with your e-mail account or ISP. (We always contact our customers who bought our software and during several years we sell software it happened only two or three times when customers didn't get their license mails because of our fault.) Try to send us a mail from different account or send a personal message to Dave or Pavel in this support forum.

Regards,
Pavel

PS: We've just got another customer who sends us mails from yahoo mail account and though we reply back to all his mails it seems that he doesn't recieve them and sends us the same question over and over again.

Hi Pavel:

I purchased the Pro license and tried to use the key to unlock goodies.exe without success. I'm also wondering where the lib source code is.

Also, wondering about the lower case register access. I know it's your standard but I wanted to make mine in all upper case. I created the replacement 16F690.h file and it compiled without an error but when it linked, it threw a duplicate global def error. These globals were defined somewhere elsewhere: STATUS,INDF,FSR,PCL Please tell me how to make all the register variables in upper case. thx

#4 Jenn

Jenn

Newbrie

• EstablishedMember
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:00 PM

snip...

Conclusion. If you have ordered a product and don't get the license mail from us this most likely means that something is wrong with your e-mail account or ISP.

snip...

I did my email with my license and I did enter the key into SourceBoost Pro and it did install fine. Goodies.exe did not work and I don't know where the lib source code is.

#5 Pavel

Pavel

Super Maniac

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:26 PM

snip...

snip...

I did my email with my license and I did enter the key into SourceBoost Pro and it did install fine. Goodies.exe did not work and I don't know where the lib source code is.

Goodies key is sent in a separate mail. Usually the mail with goodies key comes a bit later than the compiler key as it is processed and sent manually.

Regards,
Pavel

#6 Morlan

Morlan

Newbrie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:47 PM

Hi,
I bought a CD package of your products (BoostC) from maplin i only have 1 key that unlocks the compiler and basic plugins.
Should I be able to unlock more?

Morlan

#7 Dave

Dave

Super Maniac

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts
  • Interests:How things work, Electronics, Software, Cycling.

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Morlan,

I bought a CD package of your products (BoostC) from maplin i only have 1 key that unlocks the compiler and basic plugins.
Should I be able to unlock more?

No, you bought a compiler license and thats what have the key for.

Regards
Dave

#8 Fizzel

Fizzel

Newbrie

• EstablishedMember
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

I bought BoostC Fulll Version V6.xx because there is no V7.xx-Version out in stores. Now i saw the only way to purchase the upgrade V7.xx is to buy via credit card. I saw that the company where my money from Credit Card goes to is SWREG Inc.. I have read a lot of bad stuff about this company, the software packages and keys will never recieve the customer, the money is gone forever and such thinks. Have anybody else some experience in upgrading the V6.xx to V7.xx via Credit Card an SWREG Inc.? I hope this all will be work, I need the upgrade right now, but my boss will kill me if the money i gone for nothing!

#9 Fizzel

Fizzel

Newbrie

• EstablishedMember
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

Just want to let you know that everything was working fine. The key arrived and is valid.

#10 John S

John S

Regular

• EstablishedMember
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Money, Peace

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

Hi,

I have a Pro License for BoostC V6.xx & V7.xx.

I successfully activated on preg. But when I compile it still says Lite License (unregistered) max RAM banks 2

How do I solve this?

Thanks

John

#11 Reynard

Reynard

Maniac

• EstablishedMember
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:Archery - target and field

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

Hi John,

This one got me as well when I moved from XP to 8.1(x64).

Although preg said it was successful it was telling porkies.

I had to run preg.exe as administrator to resolve it.

I used the command prompt (admin) then navigate in DOS mode to preg.exe

I probably could have just used the file explorer, right clicked and used Run as administrator.

Give it a try if you are on Win 7 or 8.

Cheers

Reynard

#12 John S

John S

Regular

• EstablishedMember
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Money, Peace

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:44 AM

Great! Thank you,

Running preg as administrator solve the issue.

John

#13 gbgb

gbgb

Regular

• EstablishedMember
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

Having a licensing problem and support has not yet responded to my mail (they used to reply within ~24 hours - not this time, and I am stuck)

Had to replace my PC and I am trying to install version 7.3 Pro

Ran Preg (as administrator as advised above) but still get an error message that I am using the Lite version)

Any advice?

Note:

On the previous PC I had a 6.X version that was later upgraded to 7.X with an upgrade license.

Is it possible that I need first to install an old 6.X version with its key and then install 7.3 with the new key?

#14 JorgeF

JorgeF

Super Enthusiast

• EstablishedMember
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

Hi

Is it possible that I need first to install an old 6.X version with its key and then install 7.3 with the new key?

Most likely.

I have a native 7.x licence that I already moved accross PC reinstalations, upgrades and even from one machine to another without any issues.

Also I've seen the same behaviour in licencing on other software products, the upgrade licence needing the previous existence of the base licence.

HIH

Best regards

Jorge

#15 Reynard

Reynard

Maniac

• EstablishedMember
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:Archery - target and field

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:18 AM

Hi,

I moved 7.x from XP-32 over to W10-64 without any problems.  No need to install previous 6.x version.

I ran from Command Prompt as administrator.  Navigate to the Preg directory and run it using the version 7 key.

Preg does not provide any warnings about administrator privileges being required.

Cheers

Reynard

#16 JorgeF

JorgeF

Super Enthusiast

• EstablishedMember
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

Hi

Another detail.

If your new system is Win10, its not enought to log in as administrator or with an account with administrator rights.

You have to use the "command prompt in administrator mode".

HIH

Best regards

Jorge

Edited by JorgeF, 13 March 2017 - 09:51 PM.

#17 gbgb

gbgb

Regular

• EstablishedMember
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:47 AM

Thanks,

Was about to go through the 6.X installation path but decided to try again.

Did the same procedure (administrator, command prompt) several times and suddenly on one of the occasions it worked.

Have no idea what caused it to work (or caused it not to work on all the previous trials). 

#18 jbird1

jbird1

Newbrie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:36 AM

Regards,
Pavel

Hi Pavel:

I purchased the Pro license and tried to use the key to unlock goodies.exe without success. I'm also wondering where the lib source code is.

Also, wondering about the lower case register access. I know it's your standard but I wanted to make mine in all upper case. I created the replacement 16F690.h file and it compiled without an error but when it linked, it threw a duplicate global def error. These globals were defined somewhere elsewhere: STATUS,INDF,FSR,PCL Please tell me how to make all the register variables in upper case. thx

I have similar license problem  downloaded package, installed, it runs but when trying to register with name and code you emailed me it fails.  it also gets flagged as a virus. please advise thanks

#19 Pavel

Pavel

Super Maniac

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted Today, 01:25 AM

Make sure you start preg.exe as administrator and make sure you select the correct product inside the preg.exe dialog (for example a BoostC++ key won't work with BoostC).

If this fails try to register from command line. This can be done for any product that is an executable (so this method won't work for plugins and those are DLLs).Do do this:
- open command prompt as administrator
- navigate into SourceBoost installation directory
- start the product executable followed with the "register" command line argument. For example for the BoostC compiler issue the command line like :
  C:\Program Files (x86)\SourceBoost>boostc_pic18.exe register
  This will bring up a dialog where you enter your registration name and  license key and press OK. If registration was successful you will get a relevant prompt
- Again it's important to use these steps as administrator, if not you still may bet an successful prompt but the registration won't be applied properly

If still unsuccessful send a mail to support@sourceboost.com and quote your registration name and  license key and briefly describe the problem and what you have done.

UPDATE: We migrated on a new faster web server and seems that our key generation system got broken :( If you experience similar problem please email to support@sourceboost.com and we will sort it out. Sorry about the confusion.

Regards,
Pavel

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users