Flowcode and BoostC

3 replies to this topic

#1 tmd_63

tmd_63

Newbrie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

I use your BoostC from within Flowcode and I am happy with the way this operates. But I would also like to use the BoostC outside of this environment.
I read that there is a free IDE environment but I don't know how to get it or how to integrate it with the full BoostC compiler.
Can you help with this please.

#2 Dave

Dave

Super Maniac

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
  • Interests:How things work, Electronics, Software, Cycling.

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

tmd_63,

I use your BoostC from within Flowcode and I am happy with the way this operates. But I would also like to use the BoostC outside of this environment.
I read that there is a free IDE environment but I don't know how to get it or how to integrate it with the full BoostC compiler.
Can you help with this please.

When you purchase Flowcode you get a BoostC compiler license that can only be used from within the Flowcode environment. If you want to use standalone BoostC compiler then you can either use the free lience version, or buy the desired license.
License details can be found here:
http://www.sourceboo...imitations.html

Regards
Dave

#3 tmd_63

tmd_63

Newbrie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

Thank you Dave for your reply.
The main reason for the query is that I am trying to use Flowcode, but some of the macro substitutions are limited. I need to find out how they work and how to use them to create a new component code.
Specifically, there is a component which uses macro substitutions of %a to %u but it uses only 4 data lines and 2 command lines. The device has the capability to use 8 data lines and 3 command lines and for speed, I need to use all these lines which would require macro substitutions of %aa to %at at least. Each macro sub is used to reference registers, datalines, data line IO definitions etc. However, just replacing the macro sub as %aa does not give the desired effect, as follows.
If %a = PortA and %b = PortB in the original code gives PortA and PortB in the original subtituted code.
Changing the macro subs to %aa = PortA and %ab = PortB gives PortAa and PortAb in the substituted code instead of PortA and PortB

#4 Dave

Dave

Super Maniac

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
  • Interests:How things work, Electronics, Software, Cycling.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:00 PM

If %a = PortA and %b = PortB in the original code gives PortA and PortB in the original subtituted code.
Changing the macro subs to %aa = PortA and %ab = PortB gives PortAa and PortAb in the substituted code instead of PortA and PortB

I think what you are talking about is some of the Flowcode functionality. It looks like from what you are saying that the macro substitution only works with with the first character after the %, any more characters are consider part of the text that will be kept. I don't really know Flowcode so this is a guess from what you say. Sounds like a question for the Matrix Multimedia Flowcode forum.

Regards
Dave

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users