Need your experienced advise.
Working on a project where I need the next to program in a master PIC ( in a multi pic system):
- USART comms with interrupt receive (RS485)
- Soft UART with RB0 interrupt receive (20mA) for 2nd comms port
- I2C bus for local I/O
- ADC with 16 bit calculations
- Set\Clear single pins on ports
- Read single pins on ports
- RELIABLE Packet transfer through USART & soft UART bus
As I read through this forum, there are some issues with the C2C compiler. Being a beginner in C-programming, I would like to have your advise to buy C2C for the above project or look for an other compiler.
I could program the PIC in assembler, but I really like to learn embedded C. It will make life easier, certainly with 16bit operations.