Sign in to follow this  
fransp

Need Some Help On Multiple Files.

Hi All

I come from other languages and switched to C recently.

Who can me guide to a good tutorial about the use of the #include of .h and .c files.

Let me be clear, I do not want how to use them, like you must put is there and there and this and that, because that does not work for me, I want to know why I am using them only then I can understand what to put in it.

Despite a course on C, the in and outs of #include, .h etc, did not became any clearer to me.

So up to now all my project code is in one file.

I tried a lot with the ' add file to project' of BoostC, but that did not ring a bell to bell either.

Any suggestions, except quitting, other job, other language etc, are appriciated.

With best regards,

Frans.

Try this link: Header Files

To keep code well organized, keep the header file in such a way that, if you compile the source code into a library, the header file will require no or small revision.

But take care: some older BoostC version doens´t check header files date (don´t know about current version). And take a look at rs232 header, full of code: why don´t they follow those guidelines?

...And take a look at rs232 header, full of code: why don´t they follow those guidelines?...

Because rs232 header (as well as lcd header) contains function templates which must be in a header by definition.

Regards,

Pavel

Try this link: Header Files

To keep code well organized, keep the header file in such a way that, if you compile the source code into a library, the header file will require no or small revision.

But take care: some older BoostC version doens´t check header files date (don´t know about current version). And take a look at rs232 header, full of code: why don´t they follow those guidelines?

Hi LcSD53,

Thanks for the link. I did a quick read, it may take awhile before I realy understand it.

The last pragraph of the text in the link does not make things better.

I hope I will be cured some day. :-)

In the mean time it will be trial and error. I guess.

With best regards,

Frans.