Sign in to follow this  
cc1

Support for stimulus? Interrupts?

I'm using the debugger w/ PIC16F628 code and trying RB0 interrupts.  I debug the C2C generated assembly w/ MPLAB and get interrupts as expected, but not so with the C2C debugger (I'm using the logic analyzer for the RB0 stimulus).

Also, is there any way to provide C2C debugger stimulus besides the logic analyzer?  And is there any way to load logic analyzer stimulus with a plain text file?  I've also noticed that the logic analyzer's timing doesn't track exactly w/ the tick count.  I think it neglects to properly account for the 2-cycle instructions.

I looked through all of the documentation I could find, but I didn't find any references to interrupts or stimulus inputs.

I hope someone can point me to these features or they can be implemented soon if not already present.

Thanks.

Guest Dave

The simulator currently simulates:

Instruction decoding, ALU, W REG, STATUS register, Program counter, FSR register, RAM File Registers, Stack, TMR0

and EEPROM.

Interrupt generation from port b is not currently supported, but will be implemented soon.

Regards

Dave

Guest Pavel
Also, is there any way to provide C2C debugger stimulus besides the logic analyzer?  And is there any way to load logic analyzer stimulus with a plain text file?  I've also noticed that the logic analyzer's timing doesn't track exactly w/ the tick count.  I think it neglects to properly account for the 2-cycle instructions.

The logic analyzer plugin doesn't work with text files but this might be a good feature to add in future versions.

I looked through all of the documentation I could find, but I didn't find any references to interrupts or stimulus inputs.

Currently there is no way to apply any text based stimulus files to a debugged code. The preffered solution may be a new plugin that will do this task.

I hope someone can point me to these features or they can be implemented soon if not already present.

The plugin API is being updated now. A new one will be much more flexible and will be released along with a new simulator that will support much more hw features.

Regards,

Pavel