Users who bought license for the C2C-plus or C2C++ compilers within 3 months

from the first commercial BoostC release 6.0 (between 20-Feb-2005 and 20-May-

2005) will get free license upgraded for their C2C-plus and C2C++

compilers and free license for Standard BoostC edition (please send

your enquiries to support@picant.com).

Others will need to get new licenses to be able to use C2C-plus, C2C++ or

P2C-plus compilers from 6.0 release. If you don't wish to use the new release

you can still use the prior to 6.0 release that you can download from

here (SourceBoost 5.9.7) and here (plugins 5.9.7)

Also why is the price for comercial use so much higher then css?

CCS package that is analogous to BoostC costs $425 (their PCWH package which is the only one that includes both PIC16&PIC18 compilers and ide) what is much more than BoostC Pro license. Beside this cost CCS also charges $250 maintenance fee for 1 year (otherwise you won't be able to get new versions) while for BoostC you get upgrades for free and for all 6.x releases.

Regards,

Pavel

So the Single User Standard boostC license Limitations are PIC16 4k code, PIC18 8k code but you can use all RAM banks ?

Yodar,

So the Single User Standard boostC license Limitations are PIC16 4k code, PIC18 8k code but you can use all RAM banks ?

RAM usage on the Standard BoostC license is unlimited.

Regards

Dave

Also why is the price for comercial use so much higher then css?

CCS package that is analogous to BoostC costs $425 (their PCWH package which is the only one that includes both PIC16&PIC18 compilers and ide) what is much more than BoostC Pro license. Beside this cost CCS also charges $250 maintenance fee for 1 year (otherwise you won't be able to get new versions) while for BoostC you get upgrades for free and for all 6.x releases.

Regards,

Pavel

Sorry my bad you are right I was looking at just the pic16 compiler which doesn't include pic18. BoostC is by far a better deal.

Important update

To make it easier for the existing C2C and C2C++ users to migrate to BoostC and for the BoostC users to upgrade to higher compiler edition we released additional upgrade terms:

C2C/C2C++ -> BoostC 6.x Full 29.95 $US

C2C/C2C++ -> BoostC 6.x Pro 89.95 $US

C2C/C2C++ 5.x -> C2C/C2C++ 6.x 19.95 $US

BoostC 6.x Standard -> Full 39.95 $US

BoostC 6.x Full -> Pro 89.95 $US

We also temporarily lovered price of the Pro edition from 199.95 to 129.95 $US

More information and links to the upgrade orders can be found on http://www.picant.com/c2c/register.html

Where are the upgrade options for the IDE and the plugins?

Ide in 6.x is already configured to use a free single node license. For multiple nodes one should get relevant license.

Plugins don't have any upgrade licenses. To move t o 6.x plugins one needs to get a new license.

Regards,

Pavel

Ide in 6.x is already configured to use a free single node license. For multiple nodes one should get relevant license.

Plugins don't have any upgrade licenses. To move t o 6.x plugins one needs to get a new license.

So the true price for upgrade is $69.9 including plugins and all C/C++ compiler. Could you please make that as a bundle with reduced price?

I am planning on purchasing a Boost C license (full version)

Do you have to buy the " support subscription" at the time of Boost C purchase, or can you get it anytime?

Thanks so much

Darrell

Do you have to buy the " support subscription" at the time of Boost C purchase, or can you get it anytime?

Our current policy allows to buy the support subscription any time. It just needs to match your compiler edition (std, full or pro).

Regards,

Pavel

I have a single-user BoostC Pro license for 2 nodes.

I want to upgrade the hard drive on one of the computers. The old hard drive would be removed and used elsewhere (without SourceBoost).

Can I transfer the node license to the new hard drive?

I want to upgrade the hard drive on one of the computers. The old hard drive would be removed and used elsewhere (without SourceBoost).

Yes, just install the SourceBoost package on you new hard drive and enter the activation key that supports more than 2 nodes.

Regards

Dave

Yes, just install the SourceBoost package on you new hard drive and enter the activation key that supports more than 2 nodes.

Regards

Dave

Are you saying that I have to buy a third node? Your website says that a single-user single-node license can be transferred if the user buys a new PC. It doesn't say that the user has to buy another node. I understand that you expect to be paid for all nodes, but wouldn't this refer to all operational nodes? Can an existing node be de-activated, and then re-activated on the new hard drive?

Hugh,

Are you saying that I have to buy a third node? Your website says that a single-user single-node license can be transferred if the user buys a new PC. It doesn't say that the user has to buy another node. I understand that you expect to be paid for all nodes, but wouldn't this refer to all operational nodes? Can an existing node be de-activated, and then re-activated on the new hard drive?
No, that was a little typo, it should have read "enter the activation key that supports 2 nodes".

Regards

Dave

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask these questions.

I am using a free version of BoostC compiler and I like it. I am thinking about buying the standard license. I've searched the Sourceboost site, but was not able to find information how the license works. I think I understand it is for one "node" only. However, it is not clear how is the "node" identified. What happens if a computer ("node") dies, or is upgraded (say, a motherboard, or a hard disk, etc.)? Can one use a one-node license on two-computers--obviously not at the same time (home and work computers come to mind)? Can we use a USB drive to install the program and plug it in different computers?

Any answers (or links to existing policies) appreciated.

...I am using a free version of BoostC compiler and I like it. I am thinking about buying the standard license. I've searched the Sourceboost site, but was not able to find information how the license works. I think I understand it is for one "node" only. However, it is not clear how is the "node" identified. What happens if a computer ("node") dies, or is upgraded (say, a motherboard, or a hard disk, etc.)? Can one use a one-node license on two-computers--obviously not at the same time (home and work computers come to mind)? Can we use a USB drive to install the program and plug it in different computers?...

Single node license can be installed and used on one computer. If you plan to use product on several computers you need to get extra licenses, one for each computer. It doesn't matter on what media the product gets installed (i.e. USB drive). You still need one node per computer where the product is used. Computer upgrades do not affect this scheme. If computer dies or you upgrade CPU/memory/etc. you still can use the product re-installing it if necessary.

Regards,

Pavel

Hello,

From some time I use boostC free edition (with mplab). I understand that some people work hard to maintain this program and this people must be supported but I have some questions regarding licenses :

1. If I buy a "Lite" license is like a "donate" on other sites (it will be no difference between free version and lite version) ?

2. If I buy a "standard" license that cost (let's say) X usd and after a while I want to upgrade to full "licence" yahy cost Y usd (with Y>X) I must pay Y-X usd or Y usd ?

3. How long is valid a license and witch upgrades are included ?

Thank You

Marius

From some time I use boostC free edition (with mplab). I understand that some people work hard to maintain this program and this people must be supported but I have some questions regarding licenses :

1. If I buy a "Lite" license is like a "donate" on other sites (it will be no difference between free version and lite version) ?

Correct, all you get is a warm fuzzy feeling.

2. If I buy a "standard" license that cost (let's say) X usd and after a while I want to upgrade to full "licence" yahy cost Y usd (with Y>X) I must pay Y-X usd or Y usd ?

No, there are specific upgrade prices, which you can find here:

http://www.sourceboo...C/Upgrades.html

3. How long is valid a license and witch upgrades are included ?

All upgrades are included until a new major revision is released, a major version lifetime was historically around 2-4 years, but there is no guarantees on this time for future major releases.

Regards

Dave