Sign in to follow this  
qratman

Sourceboost Ide Doesn't Startup

Hi, I have problem getting SourceBoost ide running. Executing ide.exe brings up splash screen, then it disappears and ide doesn't show up. However in windows task manager under processes tab it shows that ide.exe is running (CPU: 00, Memory: 5156 KB). Strange. What could be the reason?

System:

Pentium III 500MHz, Windows XP Pro but no Service Packs. Could this (no SP) affect it?

By the way. It doesn't work on my laptop(Celeron 400, WinXP Pro, no SP also) too :( .

It might be not enough memory problem. How much memory is installed on your computer?

Regards,

Pavel

Can you run boostc.pic16.exe compiler from command line? There also were couple of cases when some antivirus software somehow collided with SourceBoost. Do you have antivirus installed?

Regards,

Pavel

boostc.pic16.exe runs and compiles into .obj fine. I have no antivirus software installed.

I got it running once somehow (changed sourceboost folder to read-only) but it doesn't work when i try again. No matter if I run it directly from ide.exe or through .__c file.

Does SourceBoost ide need some services to be running, cause i have a bunch of them disabled?

...Does SourceBoost ide need some services to be running, cause i have a bunch of them disabled?...

No SourceBoost doesn't use any services or anything special. It just should run after the installation. We had couple of similar reports when users weren't able to start SourceBoost but we don't know what exactly the problem is :(

Regards,

Pavel

Try to remove the plugin DLLs from the SourceBoost installation directory. These files are:

bcd.dll

button.dll

buttonblock.dll

dvm.dll

i2ceprom.dll

lcd.dll

led.dll

ledblock.dll

siggen.dll

speedtest.dll

stimuli.dll

stopwatch.dll

varpsu.dll

(if you haven't installed the extra plugin package you won't have all of these files in your SourceBoost installation directory).

Let me know if this helped.

Regards,

Pavel

Yes and no. When I removed those DLLs and run the program it started ok. When I closed it to try to open again, it didn't start and still doesn't start :(

But how can I compile .c file into .hex file using command line? Boostc.pic16.exe generates .obj file which seems to not be the machine code yet?

But how can I compile .c file into .hex file using command line? Boostc.pic16.exe generates .obj file which seems to not be the machine code yet?

boostc compiles .c -> .obj

boostlink links .c/.lib -> .hex

Regards,

Pavel