Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
danmc77

Version 6.14 Builds Ok, Reports Failed

Recommended Posts

Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.

Clean: Done.

Executing: "C:\SourceBoost\boostc.pic18.exe" CMotor.c -O1 -W1 -t 18F4431

BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 6.14 (for PIC18 architecture)

http://www.picant.com/c2c/c.html

Copyright© 2004-2005 Pavel Baranov

Copyright© 2004-2005 David Hobday

 

Licensed to Dan McFarland under Single user Full License for 2 node(s)

Limitations: PIC18 max code size:Unlimited, max RAM banks:Unlimited, Non commercial use only

 

 

CMotor.c

<C:\SourceBoost\include/icd2.h> @ 20: MESSAGE: "Including ICD2 declarations (icd2.h)"

<C:\SourceBoost\include/icd2.h> @ 596: MESSAGE: "Warning: do not use ICD2 reserved addresses:0xFD4 to 0x2FF"

<C:\SourceBoost\include/icd2.h> @ 597: MESSAGE: "Warning: do not use ICD2 reserved addresses:0xF7F to 0x2FF"

<C:\SourceBoost\include/icd2.h> @ 598: MESSAGE: "Warning: do not use ICD2 reserved addresses:0xFB5 to 0xFB9"

 

success

BUILD FAILED: Fri Sep 23 19:53:18 2005

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pavel & Dave,

 

I went back to Sourceboost 6.11 and the problem is still there. So, it looks like this is some sort of issue related to the update to MPLAB 7.21.

 

Have you guys experienced this before? Do I have to go back to an earlier version of MPLAB?

 

Thanks,

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan,

 

Have you guys experienced this before? Do I have to go back to an earlier version of MPLAB?
I just checked your project (the one you sent when you had a link issue), with MPLAB V7.21, and it compiles and debugs fine.

 

Regards

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan,

 

The project you sent did not work at all (files not found indticated in MPLABs project tree) until I deleted and added again the icd2.h file and the libc.pic18.lib file.

 

After that it builds just fine.

The folder you sent also has all the output files that indicate the build was actually successful.

 

Strangely the code produced looks slightly different, just odd instructions here and there. It could be caused by a different file order to linker causing diffrenet code placement, but that should not make any difference because the call tree actually detetermines code placement - so I'm a little confused.

 

You have SourceBoost installed in a different location to me, mine is in the default folder (c:\Program Files\SourceBoost). please try installing there. I can't see how this would make any difference, but please try it.

 

Also please use the SourceBoost IDE, create and build the project under that environment and see if it succeeds.

 

Regards

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave,

 

I intentionally included all the files. I figured you might be able to tell what's going on from them. It appears to me that MPLAB is not interpreting status status from Sourceboost.

 

OK, I recreated my project from scratch. That's easy - just one source file and some general includes. Then I was able to build past that initial "BUILD FAILED."

 

But then my friendly old linker issue came back to life:

Internal Error:Unable to find function ID:0x100000BD

 

Apparently something still doesn't like calculations in the initializers, so I moved all the calculations down into the body of the code, as you suggested in the earlier post. Now I'm getting a clean build and now back to work.

 

Much appreciated. :(

 

Dan

Edited by danmc77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan,

 

But then my friendly old linker issue came back to life:

Internal Error:Unable to find function ID:0x100000BD

 

Apparently something still doesn't like calculations in the initializers, so I moved all the calculations down into the body of the code, as you suggested in the earlier post. Now I'm getting a clean build and now back to work.

This should now be fully resolved in BoostC V6.14, I think maybe you are using an older version. Please make sure that you are using version V6.14 (it worked for me with your project no problem). If you do find you have a problem with V6.14, then please send us the project for examination.

 

Regards

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave,

 

Ah... I forgot that I went back to 6.11 while I was fiddling with the earlier problem.

 

My mistake.

 

It's working in 6.14 as it should:

 

UCHAR samples_Per_Cycle = (SINE_TABLE_ENTRIES-1)*2;

UCHAR instruction_Cycle = (UCHAR)((OSCILLATOR)/4);

UCHAR frequency_Scale = (instruction_Cycle/samples_Per_Cycle)/(TIMER0_PRESCALE/4);

 

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...