Sign in to follow this  
pbraju123

Support For Rtos

Hi Pavel,

I have previously requested this on normal forum, but got no reply from you. I thought this was the right place to post this question.

Are you going to support RTOS in the SourceBoost compiler. This may be for chips of PIC 18FXXX series( and any other as you wish ). the implementation would be a great boost to the users. As I have seen some other compilers doing it. I feel the interrupt latency time is considerably low which can be appropriately used for implementation of RTOS. Todays most of the applications directly or inderectly demand RTOS, to give the real pleasure of using the controller. Please check if that can be done at the earliest.

:D

Regards,

P B Raju

Do you have any specific requirements for such RTOS?

Regards,

Pavel

Yes, RTOS will give freedom to programmer handling multiple task at precise time(of course may be sacrificing some timer to do task switcing). I think it will be great convienience programming without bothering about the interrupt handling.

for example :while I handle multiple peripherals like VFD modules(with simulates RS232) while communication interrupt occurs I have to handle both the communication with interrupt and it becomes complicated. I think things would have been easier if RTOS would have been implemented.

Please plan to implement in future versions.

Regards

P B Raju

Do you have any specific requirements for such RTOS?

Regards,

Pavel

Yes, RTOS will give freedom to programmer handling multiple task at precise time(of course may be sacrificing some timer to do task switcing). I think it will be great convienience programming without bothering about the interrupt handling.

for example :while I handle multiple peripherals like VFD modules(with simulates RS232) while communication interrupt occurs I have to handle both the communication with interrupt and it becomes complicated. I think things would have been easier if RTOS would have been implemented.

Please plan to implement in future versions.

Of course it will give freedom and convenience. But do you have any particular requirements in mind? Or can you provide a more detailed operation scenario? From the example you stated it's not clear how exactly you want to handle such interrupts or how "handling multiple task at precise time" is related to an interrupt that may happen at any time.

Regards,

Pavel