nop();

nop();

value = eedath;

value <<= 8;

value |= eedata;

set_bit(intcon, GIE);

return value;

}

but the data from the #pragma data section never gets read. Is there any way to fix this? It's really hindering debugging.

Thanks so much,

- Alex

Edited by amohr

SourceBoost 6.15

Target: 16F877

I have code similar to the following:

#pragma DATA 0x1600, 1,1, 0x183,0, 36,1, 0,0x204,0

- Alex

When I put that #pragma into a program and look at the program memory the data is placed correctly at 0x1600 so you might want to check your read_flash() function, ensure you are using it's return value correclty, and also ensure you are programing that section of the program memory to the device.

Darren J.

the code IS going in the memory, and I can see in the debugger that the address registers are getting set correctly, but neither eedath nor eedata are getting set by the debugger.

I know for a fact that my read_flash routine is correct because it's already being used in a shipping product with C2C 5.06e

amohr,

the code IS going in the memory, and I can see in the debugger that the address registers are getting set correctly, but neither eedath nor eedata are getting set by the debugger.

The simulator does not current support access to program memory using the EEPROM access registers, also EEDATH and EEADRH are not supported :(

Regards

Dave

well could you please add support? It's supported in MPLab + it's fairly crucial and causes *much* grief not having it.

Thanks,

- Alex

do you understand the difference between debugging c source and debugging asm source?

apparently not. anyways, I did use it, and found my problem. It should definitely be noted somewhere that this debugger doesn't support simulating the ee registers.

do you understand the difference between debugging c source and debugging asm source?

apparently not.  anyways, I did use it, and found my problem.  It should definitely be noted somewhere that this debugger doesn't support simulating the ee registers.

yup i do, infact i debug simple win32 c programs using the asm output of the compiler.

anyhow, if u did use mplab then why is this bug / non feature cause u problems. I just ran ur code with no problems.

No disrepect to picant guys, but the mplab enviroment is much better than the sourceboost ide for debugging. You can go from SIM to ICD without having to port the project to mplab format. I only wish you could get ICD2 to work with sourceboost ide :( lol.

I have 1000 lines of C code, and >1K of EEprom data, I don't want to have to step through that much ASM 1) trying to figure out how the compiler guy thinks, and 2) to eventually find my bug. No mainstream developer debugs in asm by default in any standard size project.

small c projects are just toys, not applications you're actually trying to do work on.

amohr,

I have 1000 lines of C code, and >1K of EEprom data, I don't want to have to step through that much ASM 1) trying to figure out how the compiler guy thinks, and 2) to eventually find my bug. No mainstream developer debugs in asm by default in any standard size project.

You can integrate BoostC in MPLABs.

Then you can compile you code in MPLABs, and use ICD2 with source level debugging under MPLABs.

Regards

Dave

Then you can compile you code in MPLABs, and use ICD2 with source level debugging under MPLABs.

Can you explain a little bit more in detail how to proceed?

This seems to be really interesting....

Walter

Walter,

Can you explain a little bit more in detail how to proceed?

This seems to be really interesting....

Walter

Have a look in the BoostC help file under "BoostC Compiler MPLAB Integration".

Regards

Dave