Sign in to follow this  
CMOS

12c508/509 Support

I just purchased the latest version of BoostC and was surprised to find that it does not have support for low-end PICs i.e 12C508A, 12C509, 12F508 and 12F809. Kindly add support for this devices as I intend to use them in many of my projects due to their low cost and form factor.

CMOS,

I just purchased the latest version of BoostC and was surprised to find that it does not have support for low-end PICs i.e 12C508A, 12C509, 12F508 and 12F809. Kindly add support for this devices as I intend to use them in many of my projects due to their low cost and form factor.
The problem is that these devices are the type that have a 12bit instruction core. BoostC sadly does not work with 12Bit core devices.

There are some PIC12s that actually have a 14bit instruction core. BoostC works with those.

Regards

Dave

I agree to what you say. But many of my clients wants to stick to 12C508/509 as they are cheapest amongst the PICs available here in the local market. I do not want to change to any other compiler just for these controllers because I am pretty impressed by the features of BoostC. I would really appreciate if these devices are added to BoostC in coming verison.

Thanks.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this