Sign in to follow this  
Ragnarok

.....than One Execution Thread: Delay_us

I'm getting this error : Function called in more than one execution thread: delay_us, when i'm trying to use delay_us in an interruption and in my standar code, how can i solve it?, i been reading the forum and i'm not sure if i could make inline this function, 'cause its generated, if so, how can I do it, help me please, thanks!!! :)

I'm getting this error : Function called in more than one execution thread: delay_us, when i'm trying to use delay_us in an interruption and in my standar code, how can i solve it?, i been reading the forum and i'm not sure if i could make inline this function, 'cause its generated, if so, how can I do it, help me please, thanks!!!  :)

NEVER delay in the interrupt.

If you need to perform two operations in an interrupt, eg aquire ADC and Start ADC conversion, consider using a timer based interrupt and a state machine to service the ADC.

If you absolutely must delay in an interrupt then try looping around some NOPs.

Why not? Especially when there may be a higher priority interrupt which can interrupt the interrupt if something more pressing occurs? I can see that keeping interrupts short is a good idea in general, but is there some special or non-obvious reason why putting a delay in is dangerous?

Why not? Especially when there may be a higher priority interrupt which can interrupt the interrupt if something more pressing occurs? I can see that keeping interrupts short is a good idea in general, but is there some special or non-obvious reason why putting a delay in is dangerous?

Never delay in an interrupt!.....unless you have to.

So, if I do have to delay in an interrupt, could you arrange the linker to allow delay calls to be called (inlined) from more than one thread, and perhaps create a warning saying: