Sign in to follow this  
jaydag71

Ez-controller Newbie Questions

Hi, I have one of the EZ-controller modules, and am wondering how to implement C with it, as I have used MPlab only a very little bit and only really run the example program so far, but would like to get some small DC motors going and all sorts of other sensors, but am a loss as to where to start being a beginner to programming in asm and C (but not so bad with C). also I am wondering what the TX and RX pins on the top of the board, (not the programming pins, but the other two sets of three..) what are these typically used for, and can they be used to program another target PIC, or controller?

jaydag71,

Download SourceBoost.

Start by having a look at the sample EZ controller programs supplied.

also I am wondering what the TX and RX pins on the top of the board, (not the programming pins, but the other two sets of three..) what are these typically used for, and can they be used to program another target PIC, or controller?
Those little jumpers select whether the voltages on pins 1 and 2 are RS232 levels, or 5V logic levels.

Regards

Dave