I started wrting c lessons for absoulute begginers to advanced users, I think material can be considered quality, and my students learn programming with this stuff. If you wish feel free to start reading it here:

http://www.visualcmaniac.com

its only 5 lessons for now so maybe could be easier for you to start following it now in the beginning. Hope I helped..materials will be published on daily base. Enjoy now, or later when I reach more advanced topics...

Wow ! I was looking for a tutorial like this; very informative - thank you very much!

I was recently having some trouble figuring out math and operators, but your section for: "Lesson 5: Operators and Integer operations" clearly answers alot of questions I was looking for.

Reading lengthy books, and padded and long online tutorials makes my head hurt, but your short summaries do justice! Very good indeed!

I started wrting c lessons for absoulute begginers to advanced users, I think material can be considered quality, and my students learn programming with this stuff. If you wish feel free to start reading it here:

http://www.visualcmaniac.com

its only 5 lessons for now so maybe could be easier for you to start following it now in the beginning. Hope I helped..materials will be published on daily base. Enjoy now, or later when I reach more advanced topics...

The lessons are very good and I have only a couple of general comments:

1. In the purpose chapter you state "This website will provide you with lessons and quality material to learn C++ in just a few days" but I didn't find any info about C++ language. All lessons are about C so far.

2. It's very difficult (at least for my eyes) to read white text on the black background. Maybe you can consider another color scheme.

Regards,

Pavel

• 2 weeks later...
made some template changes...would appreciate feedback! thnks

Looks much better black on white, even better is a very pale yellow (almost white) background with black text.

I always use pale yellow BG when programming because the white eventually burns my eyes (snow blindness)

Our eyes are cabable of distinguishing between 1 -> 7 million different colors, so why limit to just 2!

I find the text size too small to read for any length of time, and the google adverts are too big!

Edited by JoeB
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't figure out how to modify the last for bits of an integer, and leave the first 4 alone. I know I can use the bitwise to toggle on or off, and the OR statements, and NOT will reverse.

So if the first four bits are inputs, and the last four are output, I want to modiy/write over the outputs and leave inputs alone.