Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeB

Recomendations

Guest JoeB

Sort files in workspace tree alphabeticly.

Allow file tabs to be re-arranged by draging.

Default nodes in 'Browse' window (tab next to workspace) to colapsed. Its really anoying having to colapse 30+ files to find the one im looking for!!! (switch between 'group by type' and 'group by file', all nodes are then expanded, which is anoying.

After double clicking a file in the workspace to open it, set the focus to the file (so when i scroll, i scroll the file not the workspace window.

Allow folders to be created in the workspace (virtual folders, these are not created on the hard disk, just a method of sorting files into groups in the workspace window rather than a long list).

- I doupt anything will be done on this list, since the IDE has not changed since it was introduced over a year ago dispite many requests form users on the forum. I guess you dont have the time to change it!

SourceBoost -- Tools that make programming harder!

Edited by JoeB

- I doupt anything will be done on this list, since the IDE has not changed since it was introduced over a year ago dispite many requests form users on the forum. I guess you dont have the time to change it!

It's your right to doubt and guess but please don't put statements on this forum especially if they have no grounds. This is not the first time you do such things and on this forum we don't welcome such behaviour.

Regards,

Pavel

PS: All SourceBoost software does change over time and during the last year ide in particular did have a few changes including at least one you asked before about an addition to the find in files feature..

Guest JoeB

Hi,

the find in files thing has not really changed. It still only finds the 1st instance of the search in a file, and cannot handle searching in more than one file type *.c*.h for example.

There is a bug in the watch variables where you select show var as decimal. stop simulating, start simulating and its defaulted back to hex again. I reported this over a year ago, was it fixed???

NO IT WAS NOT.

It is not noticable when you change small things and dont tell any one. The lockup bug that was recently fixed was reported by me to you over a year ago too, and fixed when.... last week - and you cal that progress?

The help files are terrible, full of spelling mistakes (spell checker?) and incomplete... Guessing what format so say ANSI standard code is suposed to be in is not acceptable.

Im very sorry if it upsets you when someone complains, but thats just life. If you sell a product, people will want somthing in return for their money, and the promise of updates and modifications should be upheld, and i mean real updates and enhancments, not simply changing the text in the build window (copyright date) every now and then when you see fit -- Take note of what your customers are telling you and stop complaining when everything doesn't always go your way.

We build our work according to priorities and time we have and for some tasks that are on the bottom of our todo list it may take a long time to implement. And again if this wasn't clear from my earlier post. Please look for another place to bite.

Regards,

Pavel