Sign in to follow this  
marcob

Hardware Debugging In Circuit

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if it's possible to make a hardware debugging with boostC.

I use PIC16F876/77: can I connect it with a hardware device that allows to make a debug in circuit of the program?

Is it possible in BoostC? If yes, how it's possible? Do you know any URL address in which I may found some scheme to build a debugging hardware device by myself?

Moreover, I would like to make another question: my username is Marco Boschi and I'm registered for the 6.x version. If I download the new version of the program (6.35) and the new plugins, am I allowed to use them?

My email address is marc004@libero.it

Thank you, best regards

Marco

Marco,

I  would like to know if it's possible to make a hardware debugging with boostC.

I use PIC16F876/77: can I connect it with a hardware device that allows to make a debug in circuit of the program?

Is it possible in BoostC?

Not currently. If you want to use BoostC and debug on actual hardware, then the best option is to integrate BoostC into MPLABs and use ICD from their.

Moreover, I would like to make another question: my username is Marco Boschi and I'm registered for the 6.x version. If I download the new version of the program (6.35) and the new plugins, am I allowed to use them?
Yes, have a look here about upgrade policy: BoostC Overview

Regards

Dave

Thank you dave.

I've downloaded the new MPLAB version and I've seen how to debug programs with ICD. Now I need to know how it is possible to integrate boostC with MPLAB.

Can you suggest me how to do this?

Thank you for your attention,

Marco

Marco

Now I need to know how it is possible to integrate boostC with MPLAB.

Can you suggest me how to do this?

Re-install SoureBoost software package. Part way through the installation there is an "integrate with MPLABs" button.

There are instructions in the BoostC help file on how to use BoostC from within MPLABs.

Regards

Dave