Hi, I am trying to get digital input on a 16F688. I have tried both port A and port C, but can't seem to read digital input. My code is listed below. I am using port C3 as input, port C1 as output. BatMon.h has function prototypes only.

#include <system.h>
#include "BatMon.h"

#pragma DATA _CONFIG, _FCMEN_OFF & _INTOSCIO & _WDT_OFF & _BOD_OFF & _CP_OFF

volatile bit rtc	@PORTC.3;     // RA4 button

void main()
  {      
  HWInit();
  for(;;)
     {
     lrtc = readSW0();
     if(rtc == 1)
        ToggleRed();
     delay_s(1);
     }//for(ever)
  }//main

void HWInit(void)
  {
  adcon1 = 0x08;					
  trisc = 0x08; 
  }//HWInit

void ToggleRed(void)
  {
  static char flag = 1;
  if(flag == 0)
     {
     flag = 1;
     set_bit(portc, 1);
     }
  else
     {
     flag = 0;
     clear_bit(portc, 1);
     }//if-then-else   
  }//ToggleRed

Does this code look OK? Is there anything anyone can see that is obviously wrong?

Thanks,

Shayne

Shayne,

First of all appologies - I accidently deleted one of your posts by mistake, I was cleaning up as you posted the same thing multiple times, and I press the wrongs buttons :(

Your code looks OK, have you tried running its under the SourceBoost Debugger (you will probably want to reduce you delay or you will have to wait a long time)?

Also with your code as it is you will need to press the button for upto a second before you get a change.

Regards

Dave

Shayne,

First of all appologies - I accidently deleted one of your posts by mistake, I was cleaning up as you posted the same thing multiple times, and I press the wrongs buttons  :(

Your code looks OK, have you tried running its under the SourceBoost Debugger (you will probably want to reduce you delay or you will have to wait a long time)?

Also with your code as it is you will need to press the button for upto a second before you get a change.

Regards

Dave

Thanks for the reply. I have been running the code on a 16F819 device. Just as a test, I built a board with a 16F689 and got the same results. I ran the code in the debugger and it seems to be OK, it just doesn't seem to run in hardware. I wonder if my circuit design is to blame, but I seem to get appropriate transitions on the pins when I monitor them with a scope. I'm at a loss... I thought perhaps I'd try writing a function in assembly to test the switch.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this