Sign in to follow this  
tinker

Separate Distribution For Each Compiler

What is the chances of getting a separate download for each compiler? I only use Boostc but have to download the whole package. On my slow land line connection this takes forever with multiple disconnections from server ect.

How about helping us out there?

Thanks

Tinker

(South Africa)

What is the chances of getting a separate download for each compiler?  I only use Boostc but have to download the whole package.  On my slow land line connection this takes forever with multiple disconnections from server ect.

How about helping us out there?

Thanks

Tinker

(South Africa)

You can use the split package download, you still have to download it all but at least you can get it in manageable chunks.

What is the chances of getting a separate download for each compiler?  I only use Boostc but have to download the whole package.  On my slow land line connection this takes forever with multiple disconnections from server ect.

We did have separate compiler packages in the past but found out that there were too many confusions and user errors. Making one package made most of these confusions disappear. Because of this we don't plan to split the package again. For users that have slow connection (as Picxie already mentioned) we have a download package splitted into several smaller files.

Regards,

Pavel

Thanks.

Tinker

You can also try using a download accelerator such as Star Downloader

see http://www.stardownloader.com/ for a free version

Star downloader will try to resume downloading in the event of a dropped connection rather than starting from scratch.

In these days of broadband its still very usefull considering how 'reliable' BTs conection is.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this