Does anybody have any experiance writting interrupts for the 16f676. I am having problems with the interrupt routines not being able to run more than once. This happens even if the flag bit is cleared and the enable bits are set in the isr. Any suggestions? :D

Gestalt,

Does anybody have any experiance writting interrupts for the 16f676. I am having problems with the interrupt routines not being able to run more than once. This happens even if the flag bit is cleared and the enable bits are set in the isr. Any suggestions?
Any particular source of interrupts causing the problem ?

Regards

Dave

Does anybody have any experiance writting interrupts for the 16f676. I am having problems with the interrupt routines not being able to run more than once. This happens even if the flag bit is cleared and the enable bits are set in the isr. Any suggestions?

This PIC does not support nested interrupts of the same type. This means you should not set the enable bit for an interrupt while inside the interrupt handler for that particular interrupt.

What type of interrupt? For example, if you are using a interrupt on port change then you must also read the port before clearing the flag otherwise the interrupt flag is immediately set again.

Wow, I actually found the source of my problems. I needed a pull down resistor on the INTE port. Works just fine now. Sorry about that. Can't believe I overlooked that!! Thanks for the input. :lol: