Dave

Ccs I/o Functions Porting To Boostc

By writing a couple of macros, the body of the code can be retained:)

#define PIN_A0 porta.0
#define PIN_A1 porta.1
#define PIN_A2 porta.2
#define PIN_A3 porta.3
#define PIN_A4 porta.4
#define PIN_A5 porta.5
#define PIN_A6 porta.6
#define PIN_A7 porta.7

#define output_high( x ) x = 1;
#define output_low( x ) x = 0;

void main()
{
    output_high(PIN_A0);
    output_low(PIN_A0);
    while( 1 );
}

Regards

Dave

By writing a couple of macros, the body of the code can be retained:)

True but why bother when the CCS code is less readable than the BoostC code. If you are going to have to port CCS code to BoostC there are so many other changes required that there is no point in retaining this minor fragment.

Andrew

Are there any tools/guidelines on how to port a program written for the CCS C Compiler over to BoostC?

Some time ago I paid a designer to write a motor control software program for the PIC16F87. However, the designer went out of business and I need to make modifications to the code. I have all of the original source files since I paid for the project (the main program written in C, the PIC16F87.h header file and another .h header file referenced in the main file), but CCS was used to compile the program.

I have already purchased the BoostC compiler and was hoping to use it moving forward, but I guess some modifications will be necessary to port it over. I am just not sure how much.

Any suggestions?

TampaTech,

Are there any tools/guidelines on how to port a program written for the CCS C Compiler over to BoostC?
I'm afraid there is no tool or guidlines on how to port the program.

Maybe others with experience can give some guidance.

Regards

Dave

Some time ago I paid a designer to write a motor control software program for the PIC16F87.  However, the designer went out of business and I need to make modifications to the code.  I have all of the original source files since I paid for the project (the main program written in C, the PIC16F87.h header file and another .h header file referenced in the main file), but CCS was used to compile the program.

I have already purchased the BoostC compiler and was hoping to use it moving forward, but I guess some modifications will be necessary to port it over.  I am just not sure how much.

Any suggestions?

If you can post the mainline and about a page of the general program it will give us an idea how it was written. Alterntively you can email me the code body and I will let you know what I think needs to be done. Do you know what version of the compiler was used?