I want to transfer between two programs on the same PIC. The one is a bootloader and the other is by BoostC program. I know what the address is to jump to in the bootloader.

Can anybody please help me.

I am using Tiny bootloader on a 8720 and do not want to reset the pic and disrupt the I/Os in the process.

Thanks

Gerhard

I want to transfer between two programs on the same PIC.  The one is a bootloader and the other is by BoostC program. I know what the address is to jump to in the bootloader.

I am using Tiny bootloader on a 8720 and do not want to reset the pic and disrupt the I/Os in the process.

Thanks

Gerhard

Hello Gerhard,

I am thinking of useing tinybootloader do you have any info how to use it with BoostC?

Regards /Jörgen

I want to transfer between two programs on the same PIC.  The one is a bootloader and the other is by BoostC program. I know what the address is to jump to in the bootloader.

Thanks

Gerhard

Hello Gerhard,

I am thinking of useing tinybootloader do you have any info how to use it with BoostC?

Regards /Jörgen

Thank you for the response ans sorry for only replying now.

I will use the jump as as indicated.

As far as tiny is conserned, I add the folowing pragma to my main c program for the 18F8720:

// Tinybuild implementation
#pragma DATA 0x1FF38, 0x47, 0xEF, 0x00, 0xF0

This redirects the control to the bootloader apon startup.

Gerhard