Sample Code For Pic12f629/675 Processors

I copied the demo C2C program - Sample code for PIC12F629/675 processors and started a project for a BoostC V6.55, 12F629, 20 LED chaser for xmas.

It crashes on the char definitions

#include <system.h>
char option@0x81;
char trisio@0x85;
char gpio@0x5;
char intcon@0x0B;
char cmcon@0x19;

char led = 1;

void interrupt( void )
{
   if( led )
   {
       gpio = 7;
       led = 0;
   }
   else
   {
       gpio = 0;
       led = 1;
   }

intcon &= 0xFB;
}

void main()
{
   option = 3;    //set prescaler to 1:16
   trisio = 0;    //set all IOs to output
   //ansel = 0;
   cmcon = 7;    
   gpio = 0;

intcon = 0xA0;    //enable GIE & TMR0 interrupt

while( 1 ); //endless loop
}

If option is commented out it will not compile.

If trisio is NOT commented out it will crash, same with gpio, intcon & cmdcon.

This is my first 12series in C and my asm was in 1998. What am I missing?

The example is for C2C so is BoostC doing something I don't see?

...It crashes on the char definitions...

I tried to reproduce this problem but didn't see any crash. Just a compile error (expected one). What is your definition of the phrase "compiler crashed"?

Regards,

Pavel

...It crashes on the char definitions...

I tried to reproduce this problem but didn't see any crash. Just a compile error (expected one). What is your definition of the phrase "compiler crashed"?

Regards,

Pavel

OK. So I am a bit blunt. doesn't work = crash. :lol: What error did you expect in example code? C2C compatibility?

I see several messages : error: variable "trisio" already exists, same for cmcon, intcon & gpio.

I saw fewer messages today until I noticed that I was compiling for 16F84A :)

I have no trouble running complementary LED drive on the EZ controller but I have some 12F629 on the way so I was trying to learn something new (old).

Thanks ;)

rfhale,

OK. So I am a bit blunt. doesn't work = crash. ;)
FYI (as I know that you are not actually a programmer): when you use the term crash as far as a programs concerned it means things ended in quite an unexpected state (like locked out) or thing have gone uncontrolled or totally bonkers :)

Regards

Dave

...I see several messages : error: variable "trisio" already exists, same for cmcon, intcon & gpio...

I see the same errors. Once the offending vars are removed code compiles with no prob:

#include <system.h>

char led = 1;

void interrupt( void )
{
  if( led )
  {
      gpio = 7;
      led = 0;
  }
  else
  {
      gpio = 0;
      led = 1;
  }

intcon &= 0xFB;
}

void main()
{
  option_reg = 3;    //set prescaler to 1:16
  trisio = 0;    //set all IOs to output
  //ansel = 0;
  cmcon = 7;    
  gpio = 0;

intcon = 0xA0;    //enable GIE & TMR0 interrupt

while( 1 ); //endless loop
}

Regards,

Pavel

...I see several messages : error: variable "trisio" already exists, same for cmcon, intcon & gpio...

I see the same errors. Once the offending vars are removed code compiles with no prob:

Regards,

Pavel

Back to the original post:

I am using SourceBoost V6.55, 12F629, BoostC.

If I comment out all the char "register", as you did, it will not compile. I get an error when I comment out: char option...

This was my original question. Why is option different from trisio, etc?

Apparently it is not, where you live.

When I created my project I changed the target to 12F629. That is all I changed, did I miss something?

I can compile if I declare char option@0x81; and I can live with that, but I wonder why?

Regards,

Pavel

I finally noticed that option quietly changed from the example to option_reg in Pavel's post. That seems like a large change to me since the error disppeared when I tried it. Option, as in the original example was a regular variable, not a SFR.

I'll email a functioning 12F629 example for your page. It flashes 20 LEDs and requires the child to push a button after a time so the batteries won't run down.

I wish my brain was more pliable so that learning wouldn't hurt so much. ;)

Some kind of Victorian work practise employing small children to push buttons because a gentleman would never perform such a working class task.

Or have I misunderstood?

Yes I think you are right - Regarded as a definate treat by children if they survived chimney sweeping.

Regards

Dave

Some kind of Victorian work practise employing small children to push buttons because a gentleman would never perform such a working class task.

Or have I misunderstood?

Yes I think you are right - Regarded as a definate treat by children if they survived chimney sweeping.

Regards

Dave

I prefer to think we are more Edwardian, running around naked and carefree. It's -36C here and you want ME to get out of bed to push a button? ;)

Or have I misunderstood?

Regards

Dave

I prefer to think we are more Edwardian, running around naked and carefree. It's -36C here and you want ME to get out of bed to push a button? :lol:

At least it proves you are alive :D