hmmmmm...

Had already to deal with the limitations of the free compiler a few times.

Again I bumped into exceeding Rom for 74 bytes.

Everything goes well and at the end of the link step the message appears and final code has been removed.

So I decided to buy the standard license which I just did and the license I received is accepted. I can see my registration in the log during compilation.

Now it says

"Failure

Too much code to fit in ROM, overfilled by:74 locations."

B)

Edited by fred

Looks like your target PIC does not have enough code space for your application.

Perhaps you could select a PIC with more instruction space?

If not then you will need to find some more efficient ways to code your functions.

the point is that I had a short of 74 bytes before I bought the license and after my license got active it says my max code size has doubled to 4096 and I still have a short of 74 bytes...

I removed some code to get under that limit and this it what is in the logs

[edit]

sorry, and I think you are right. I did not read the log carefull enough. I'm heading into the PIC limitations probably!! B)

Edited by fred

If the PIC you are using has only 1 or 2K of code space than increasing the compilers code max will not make the code ft the device.

What device are you using?

the point is that I had a short of 74 bytes before I bought the license and after my license got active it says my max code size has doubled to 4096 and I still  have a short of 74 bytes...

I removed some code to get under that limit and this it what is in the logs

[edit]

sorry, and I think you are right. I did not read the log carefull enough. I'm heading into the PIC limitations probably!!  B)