Sign in to follow this  
vbhunt

Upper Case "-i" Changed To "-i"

In the following (using MPLAB IDE 7.52 in WinXP) notice that the ' -I "..\Common"'

gets turned into "-i" which appears to be incorrect since I want to have several

include file paths in the compile. Shouldn't the case of the parameter be preserved; especially when changing case changes the parameter's meaning? Or, has the parameter been changed but the documentation remains out of date?

Also, is there a way to inform the compiler of the path to the source file? This appears to be needed since the source file is NOT in the same directory where

the MPLAB IDE invokes the compiler. In the following, the source file, ADC.c, is in "..\Common".

Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.

Clean: Done.

Executing: "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\boostc.pic18.exe" ADC.c -O1  -W2  -v  -t 18F2520 -I "..\Common" -I "..\TTcontrol"

BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 6.60 (for PIC18 architecture)

http://www.sourceboost.com

Copyright© 2004-2006 Pavel Baranov

Copyright© 2004-2006 David Hobday

Licensed to Bruce under Single user Pro License for 1 node(s)

Limitations: PIC18 max code size:Unlimited, max RAM banks:Unlimited

ADC.c

Starting preprocessor: "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\pp.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\Desktop\TurnTable\Software\code\ADC.c" -i "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\include" -i ..\Common -i ..\TTcontrol -d _PIC18F2520 -la -c2 -o ADC.pp -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC18

FATAL: Unable to open input file: C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\Desktop\TurnTable\Software\code\ADC.c

Error: preprocessing error

failure

BUILD FAILED: Mon Mar 05 10:58:31 2007