Sign in to follow this  
Idlewild

asm mnenomics

I'm having trouble with the new version of the compiler, I think I had version 4.1, now I have upgraded to the recent 4.7e.

My problem is that the old compiler used to create an error with:

asm jz _RTCC_interrupt

saying that jz is a non native instruction but it would produce the assembler anyway. With the new version it will give the same error then not output any compiled data at all. I'm not even asking picant to assemble it!

The actual error reads

asm error: Non-native Scenix assembler found: jz _RTCC_interrupt

How do I get picant to ignore assembler mnenomics it doesn't know or how do I translate jz into native commands?

Thanks

- this is for a sx target

Guest Pavel

The compiler understands only native SX assembler but not the Parallax assembler. I remember seing the Parallax->SX translation info somewhere in the Parallax documentation.

Regards,

Pavel

Why can't the compiler ignore this ASM errors (it is really strange, he doesn't know which assember i will use)?

Or where can i set it off ?

Thanks for your reply

Guest Pavel
Why can't the compiler ignore this ASM errors (it is really strange, he doesn't know which assember i will use)?

To generate correct code page instructions the compiler must know the exact addresses of all assembly labels. If there are unrecognized instructions in the code that correspond to one or multiple instructions the label address map will be built incorrectly and the output assembly code (if it's longer that 1 code page) most likely will not work.

Regards,

Pavel