Hi

SourceboostC does work with Vista 32 bit (dont go for 64 bit becasue no drivers are available). However i can see one problem, when the IDE is exited, the C source file is not update or saved. After repeating this exercise on numerous occations, and selecting save all, the IDE still does not save. To overcome this i just copy and paste the C source code into my project folder.

As for Hyperterminal, you can download the free student adition from the Hilgrave site (only if you none professional though).

http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/index.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers Elvis75.

Can you advise when the Vista BoostC 32bit compiler is expected?

Pls give us a Linux-version first... ;)

*I get tired from rebooting the computer when I need to modify the software in the

Pic's. These days I can do everything with Linux (drawing electronic schematics,

create boardlayouts, drawing mechanics, (all the CAD-stuf), programming the

userinterface for the pc, write the documentation, etc. The only exception are the

Pics, this is very annoying... :(

Edited by teunizz

Maybe your computer has a permission issue or something like that. I have been using BoostC on my Vista 32-bit laptop since late December/early January with no special setup.

Trying to get it to work in WINE or VirtualBox on a Fedora 8 machine, however, froze my computer a lot. That's why I still do all my chip programming on the Windows laptop.

- Bill