Sign in to follow this  
runep

Coming From Basic Stamp

Hi boys & girls, or girls & boys!

I´m coming from Basic Stamp, and now going to SourceBoost. And I don´t

regret. But (do you realize there is every time a BUT). Even if B.S is expensiv

they have an exellent manual. So go from B.S to SourceBoost will be a tuff stuff.

But :-) Now to the point, B.S have some verry good subroutines, codes statements, i.e some is named "PULSIN" " PULSOUT", "SHIFTIN," "SHIFTOUT". The Pulsin sends pulses (clockpusles) to anny port you wish, (for i.e adc_convert), Pulsout read pulses from a port. Shiftin manipulates bits in a word or byte, Shiftout red bits from a port. How did I do that whit SourceBoost.

That is my first question. But ;-) not the last.

Take care of your life says Rune

Hi boys & girls, or girls & boys!

I´m coming from Basic Stamp, and now going to SourceBoost. And I don´t

regret. But (do you realize there is every time a BUT). Even if B.S is expensiv

they have an exellent manual. So go from B.S to SourceBoost will be a tuff stuff.

But :-) Now to the point, B.S have some verry good subroutines, codes statements, i.e some is named "PULSIN"  " PULSOUT",   "SHIFTIN,"  "SHIFTOUT". The  Pulsin sends pulses (clockpusles) to anny port you wish, (for i.e adc_convert), Pulsout read pulses from a port. Shiftin manipulates bits in a word or byte, Shiftout red bits from a port. How did I do that whit SourceBoost.

That is my first question. But ;-) not the last.

Take care of your life says Rune

Hi runep,

Basic stamp is very good for beginners and hobbiest not for serious professional.

Now that you have a feel of the microcontrollers try the power of source boost C compiler. Its compact code resulting in much less program memory space and improved speed are some of the major advantages over B.S.

Down load a free version of source boost, with which you can write code upto 2k that too on any PIC microcontroller of your choice.

The source Boost ide has got a beautiful simulator, very useful for beginners to check if your code is functioning properly.

If you wish you can integrate the source boost compiler with microchips mplab ide.

As far as your PULSIN & PULSOUT & other commands are concerned, you can create your own macros that too at a much more compact code.

The most difficult thing is to get started, but once you learn it i bet you would'nt use B.S any more.

Follow this thread and it will help you get started with BoostC...

pic micro programming in boostc for beginners

Regards

Raghunathan.

Edited by ra68gi