Hi guys,

I am using the ccp module in the capture mode to measure time interval between two pulses or (frequency) of a signal. This is possible if the period is smaller than the 16 bit timer1 value. in the case of low frequency one needs to count the no.of interrupts the timer1 produces and multiply that with 65536 & add that value to the final timer1 value.

So i decided to use capture module just to generate an interrupt when the ccp pin reads a pulse( either falling edge or rising edge of thepulse) & i would read the tmr1 directly instead of the ccppr1h &ccpr1l.

Now the question..

Will the capture module work with the tmr1 in the off state?

I wish to start the tmr1 in the ISR of the capture module.

Will it work?

Regards

Raghunathan.

Edited by ra68gi
Hi guys,

I am using the ccp module in the capture mode to measure time interval (frequency) of a signal. This is possible if the period is smaller the 16 bit timer1 value. in the case of low frequency one needs to count the no.of interrupts the timer1 produces and multiply that with 65536 & add that value to the final timer1  value.

So i decided to use capture module just to generate an interrupt & read the tmr1 directly.

Now the question..

Will the capture module work with the tmr1 in the off state?

I wish to start the tmr1 in the ISR of the capture module.

Will it work?

Regards

Raghunathan.

Hi Raghunathan

The Microchip website has a feature where you can ask questions such as this direct to their engineers, though it does seem a little slow today and as it is the Easter weekend you may not get a reply till Monday.