Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
etl17

Cof File Inconsistency...

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

 

I have recently purchaced the full license for the BoostC compiler.

After using Proteus VSM (latest build v7.1SP2) to simulate circuits with a PICF877A device, I am experiencing the following problem.

 

When I compile the lcd project (from the /Samples/C/BoostC directory) and loading the .COF generated file on a virtual PIC16F877A device on Proteus, during debugging I am getting two files listed as source: lcd_driver.h and lcd.c, however while debug stepping through the code, Proteus indicates the wrong file. It looks like the file lcd_driver.h and lcd.c are swapped and Proteus is stepping through the wrong file. I am not sure if I described the problem correctly. Please let me know if additional clarification is required.

 

Please note that the operation of the code is correct. Also, debugging through the IDE, as well as MPLab seems to be fine.

 

Is it possible that the .COF file is not correct? The same version of Proteus loads .COF files generated using PICC Lite and WinAVR without any issues.

 

I have used both the 6.60 and the 6.70 release candidate versions and verified the same problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

etl17

I have recently purchaced the full license for the BoostC compiler.

After using Proteus VSM (latest build v7.1SP2) to simulate circuits with a PICF877A device, I am experiencing the following problem.

 

When I compile the lcd project (from the /Samples/C/BoostC directory) and loading the .COF generated file on a virtual PIC16F877A device on Proteus, during debugging I am getting two files listed as source: lcd_driver.h and lcd.c, however while debug stepping through the code, Proteus indicates the wrong file. It looks like the file lcd_driver.h and lcd.c are swapped and Proteus is stepping through the wrong file. I am not sure if I described the problem correctly. Please let me know if additional clarification is required.

 

Please note that the operation of the code is correct. Also, debugging through the IDE, as well as MPLab seems to be fine.

 

Is it possible that the .COF file is not correct? The same version of Proteus loads .COF files generated using PICC Lite and WinAVR without any issues.

 

I have used both the 6.60 and the 6.70 release candidate versions and verified the same problem.

Both SourceBoost IDE and MPLAB use the .cof file, so maybe proteus has the problem.

 

Regards

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...