Sign in to follow this  
richard_s

What Is "label" Part Of #pragma Data Used For?

Richard,

Question in subject line.
The "label" part of the pragma statement allows quoted character string to be specified. The characters of the string are converted into data bytes by the compiler. This is one way string data can be stored in ROM on a PIC18.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

Richard,

The "label" part of the pragma statement allows quoted character string to be specified. The characters of the string are converted into data bytes by the compiler. This is one way string data can be stored in ROM on a PIC18.

Regards

Dave

Then the documentation is confusing :-) It states '“label” is an optional text label used to reference data'. This reads (to me) that I can optionally give the data a name and then use that name later to reference the data.

Thanks for clarifying it anyway!

richard.

Hi Dave,

Then the documentation is confusing :-) It states '“label” is an optional text label used to reference data'. This reads (to me) that I can optionally give the data a name and then use that name later to reference the data.

Thanks for clarifying it anyway!

richard.