Sign in to follow this  
qwerty860

Instant Posting

Hello,

I like SourceBoost, but your support forums are ridiculous. It is ridiculous to have to wait for approval of a moderator before our post can be seen. SPAM filters are out there that work very good. Sites much more popular than SourceBoost have them and they work fine. Please fix this critical issue. When people want help, they want it fast. They don't want to wait half a day to get their post posted, and another half a day after someone replies to see the answer.

If nothing else, atleast let the regular forum members posts go through instantly.

Thanks.

qwerty860,

If nothing else, atleast let the regular forum members posts go through instantly.
They do, established members post are not moderated.

Until a member is established the posts are moderated as we have a zero spam tolerance policy.

Regards

Dave

qwerty860

When is a member considered "established"?
Currently its after ten worthwhile postings.

Regards

Dave

So you have a big problem with people doing 9 "worth-while" (who decides that?) postings, then all of a sudden becoming a spammer? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, that is too high. If someone is going to become a spammer they won't waste the time to make 2 "worth-while" posts.

Even with the setting at 10 a few get through every couple months.

As it is, Dave and Pavel and etc are fairly quick to review posts.

qwerty860,

So you have a big problem with people doing 9 "worth-while" (who decides that?) postings, then all of a sudden becoming a spammer? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, that is too high. If someone is going to become a spammer they won't waste the time to make 2 "worth-while" posts.

Spamming was a much bigger issue before we last upgraded the forum (a couple of months ago). I have now reduced the post count to 5.

Regards

Dave

Hello,

I like SourceBoost, but your support forums are ridiculous. It is ridiculous to have to wait for approval of a moderator before our post can be seen. SPAM filters are out there that work very good. Sites much more popular than SourceBoost have them and they work fine. Please fix this critical issue. When people want help, they want it fast. They don't want to wait half a day to get their post posted, and another half a day after someone replies to see the answer.

Thanks.

There are also a number of us moderators around the world in different time zones who can approve posts.

When I became a moderator I got to see just how much spam this site gets and having read some I have learnt many new uses for battery powered vegetables.

qwerty860,

Spamming was a much bigger issue before we last upgraded the forum (a couple of months ago). I have now reduced the post count to 5.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, I think that will be helpful to newcomers to the board.