Sign in to follow this  
Bo_DK

P2C - am I the only one?

Hello all

Not even sure if this is the right place to post this. But could not find any P2C forum.

I wonder, however, if I am the only one who only uses the P2C compiler/IDE. I am a keen hobbyist who, just, happened to learn Pascal some odd years ago and is quite happy with that.

But I do feel a bit alone sometimes. And if I am the only one it is a bit hard to ask for a lot of feature and change requests.

Bo  ???

But I do feel a bit alone sometimes. And if I am the only one it is a bit hard to ask for a lot of feature and change requests.

Bo  ???

Even if you are all alone...I bet the author will understand your requests. I know Pascal as well, but I just dont use it hardly anymore, especially here at work. This is mainly a c/c++/assembler atmosphere.

Guest RCA

I also have used Pascal and Borland Delphi for many years now. I found the P2C Compiler and I am debating weather to use it, Basic or tone up my C skills.

The dilemma for me is; do I use Pascal (P2C) a language I am very comfortable but there is very, very little support, and an even smaller user community. Or do I bite the bullet and go with the C2C compiler right from the start. Go through the pain of toning my C skills. The C user community is immensely larger and therefore possibly better at getting a question answered.

The third option is go with a “Basic” package such as PICBASIC or Basic Micro. The BASIC packages are a bit more expensive but a fully supported commercial package.

I come up with rationalizations such as; I could purchase P2C, C2C and programmer parts then use one (P2C) and learn the other (C2C) all for a lot less than the BASIC compiler package alone. But then there is the support issue. The P2C, C2C and any other downloaded/shareware package will be basically self and internet supported, whereas the commercial BASIC packages are supposed to have a support infrastructure in place and handle a multitude of devices and configurations.

As an FYI; I am leaning toward the buy both P2C and C2C route…..

;)  :P  :P  :P

Hello all

Not even sure if this is the right place to post this. But could not find any P2C forum.

I wonder, however, if I am the only one who only uses the P2C compiler/IDE. I am a keen hobbyist who, just, happened to learn Pascal some odd years ago and is quite happy with that.

Bo  ???

I have also used Pascal and Borland Delphi for many years now. I found the P2C Compiler and I am debating weather to use it, Basic or tone up my C skills.

The dilemma for me is; do I use Pascal (P2C) a language I am very comfortable but there is very, very little support, and an even smaller user community. Or do I bite the bullet and go with the C2C compiler right from the start. Go through the pain of toning my C skills. The C user community is immensely larger and therefore possibly better at getting a question answered.

The third option is go with a “Basic” package such as PICBASIC or Basic Micro. The BASIC packages are a bit more expensive but a fully supported commercial package.

I come up with rationalizations such as; I could purchase P2C, C2C and programmer parts then use one (P2C) and learn the other (C2C) all for a lot less than the BASIC compiler package alone. But then there is the support issue. The P2C, C2C and any other downloaded/shareware package will be basically self and internet supported, whereas the commercial BASIC packages are supposed to have a support infrastructure in place and handle a multitude of devices and configurations.

As an FYI; I am leaning toward the buy both P2C and C2C route…..

Pascal is back!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLC's following the IEC1131 standard support a programming language call structured text, this is very much like PASCAL.

This is really quite new stuff in the PLC areana.

What is a PLC you may ask, its an embeded computer that is often programmed in Ladder Logic and used to control industrial machines.

:;):