How do you use the modulus operator in both an interrupt and the main line functions? I get a "Serious Warning" if I do.

Jacob Christ

The serious warning may just be coincidental... could you post some code showing the source of the warning? You're talking about '%', right? The error may be in relation to mis-matched types and return-values, maybe. Hard to tell without code and warnings, though.

Edited by twomers
How do you use the modulus operator in both an interrupt and the main line functions? I get a "Serious Warning" if I do.

Jacob Christ

The serious warning may just be coincidental... could you post some code showing the source of the warning? You're talking about '%', right? The error may be in relation to mis-matched types and return-values, maybe. Hard to tell without code and warnings, though.

Huh, the warning seems to have gone away when I add the code back in... maybe it has to do with building the whole project clean...

... but then it came back later... here is the message from the linker:

Building CASM file
Serious Warning: Possible sw stack corruption, function '__rem_16_16' called by
more than one asynchronous thread (main/Task, interrupt, interrupt low)

Memory Usage Report
===================
RAM available:1536 bytes, used:1037 bytes (67.6%), free:499 bytes (32.4%),
Heap size:499 bytes, Heap max single alloc:127 bytes
ROM available:30720 bytes, used:27844 bytes (90.7%), free:2876 bytes (9.3%)

Jacob

BoostC uses internal functions to perform certain mathematical functions, in this case one called __rem_16_16. BoostC does not use a stack for local variable so its generally not a good idea to call a function from more than one execution thread.

You could try useing different data types (signed, unsigned, int, char)in the main and interrupt thread (different data types have different functions, at a guess for char % char one called __rem_8_8).