dgille

Watch Variables Always "out Of Scope"

Hello to all:

After using BoostC for some time now, I find that I have a problem that I've not seen before. After a clean compile and download through ICD2 to my target (PIC 18F4550) using either run to breakpoint or steping none of my Watched variables are being updated. Only the SFRs are updated. The value column of the watch window shows "Out of Scope" for all the compiler generated variables.

I'm using BoostC V6.89 with MPLAB V8.10 and ICD2.

This is a recent ocurance. I'd estimate the issue is only a few days old. I've only changed the target board (an old Xilent X18A to a newer X18A) which is an exact copy of the old board.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

d

After using BoostC for some time now, I find that I have a problem that I've not seen before. After a clean compile and download through ICD2 to my target (PIC 18F4550) using either run to breakpoint or steping none of my Watched variables are being updated. Only the SFRs are updated. The value column of the watch window shows "Out of Scope" for all the compiler generated variables.
What happens if you watch variables using the MPLAB ide and simulator?

Regards

Dave

What happens if you watch variables using the MPLAB ide and simulator?

Regards

Dave

Dave,

When I run the same program under the Boost IDE the watch window reports "ERROR" as the value.

Just tried it with the simulator, variables are still "Out of Scope"

post-875-1218935560_thumb.jpg

post-875-1218935570_thumb.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.