Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Program Works Under Sourceboost Ide But Not Mplab

Babos,

I have posted the response here rather than by personal message so others can benifit from the response.

The same project (for example BinarySemaphore) work fine when i compile with SourceBoost IDE but With MPlab 8.14 don't work...???? :-(

Maybe I lost to include some files or some directive.....

THIS IS OUTPUT FROM MPLAB

================================================================================

====

Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.

Clean: Deleted file "NovoBinarySemaphore.OBJ".

Clean: Deleted file "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC\novo\NovoBinarySemafore.HEX".

Clean: Done.

Executing: "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\boostc++.pic16.exe" NovoBinarySemaphore.c -O1 -W1 -t 16F88

BoostC++ Optimizing C++ Compiler Version 6.90 (for PIC16 architecture)

http://www.sourceboost.com

Copyright© 2004-2008 Pavel Baranov

Copyright© 2004-2008 David Hobday

Licensed to Massimo Romano under Single user Pro License for 1 node(s)

Limitations: PIC12,PIC16 max code size:Unlimited, max RAM banks:Unlimited

NovoBinarySemaphore.c

success

Executing: "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\boostlink.pic.exe" "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC\novo\NovoBinarySemaphore.obj" "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Lib\novolib_pic16t3e5ts1.lib" "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Lib\libc.pic16.lib" -O1 -p "NovoBinarySemafore" -t 16F88

BoostLink Optimizing Linker Version 6.90

Optimisation level:1

Building CASM file

Memory Usage Report

===================

RAM available:368 bytes, used:87 bytes (23.7%), free:281 bytes (76.3%),

Heap size:281 bytes, Heap max single alloc:95 bytes

ROM available:4096 words, used:1130 words (27.6%), free:2966 words (72.4%)

success

Loaded C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC\novo\NovoBinarySemafore.COF.

BUILD SUCCEEDED: Tue Nov 04 23:55:52 2008

================================================================================

===================

Try this:

1) Ensure you have the correct library as part of the project, it needs to match the Novo RTOS header file use in the program.

2) Use the linker command line option -swcs to turn on software call stack used by Novo RTOS.

I think you will find that you have #2 missing :)

Regards

Dave

Babos,

I have posted the response here rather than by personal message so others can benifit from the response.

The same project (for example BinarySemaphore) work fine when i compile with SourceBoost IDE but With MPlab 8.14 don't work...???? :-(

====

Clean: Deleted file "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC\novo\NovoBinarySemafore.HEX".

Executing: "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\boostc++.pic16.exe" NovoBinarySemaphore.c -O1 -W1 -t 16F88

NovoBinarySemaphore.c

success

Executing: "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\boostlink.pic.exe" "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC\novo\NovoBinarySemaphore.obj" "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Lib\novolib_pic16t3e5ts1.lib" "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Lib\libc.pic16.lib" -O1 -p "NovoBinarySemafore" -t 16F88

Building CASM file

Memory Usage Report

===================

success

Loaded C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC\novo\NovoBinarySemafore.COF.

===================

Try this:

1) Ensure you have the correct library as part of the project, it needs to match the Novo RTOS header file use in the program.

2) Use the linker command line option -swcs to turn on software call stack used by Novo RTOS.

I think you will find that you have #2 missing :)

Regards

Dave

I have some other strange problem.

The thing is that under MPLAB all my code works as it should. But under SourceBoost IDE it doesn’t. I didn't get this right until I started using MPLAB debugger, it was for a simple function (sprintf32) it was returning strange thing like 'N' when I asked for an hex value, Like I said it before it was under debugging, then I started to change things, let said forget about precompiled library and started using the c.code (adding the 8 important files: alloc.c, ctype.c, div.c, mul.c, sqrt.c, stdio.c, stdlib.c, string.c + the 4 novo files) With this everything works as it should, finally got no error at all. So I have started compiled with SourceBoost Ide for small errors and stuff like that, but when I need to move further I have to change to MPLAB.

Strange isn't it?

Edited by Carnage

Babos,

====

NovoBinarySemaphore.c

success

Building CASM file

Memory Usage Report

===================

success

===================

Try this:

I think you will find that you have #2 missing ;)

Regards

Dave

Very good..... I have missing -swcs switch. Thank you Dave :rolleyes:

I have some other strange problem.

The thing is that under MPLAB all my code works as it should. But under SourceBoost IDE it doesn’t. I didn't get this right until I started using MPLAB debugger, it was for a simple function (sprintf32) it was returning strange thing like 'N' when I asked for an hex value, Like I said it before it was under debugging, then I started to change things, let said forget about precompiled library and started using the c.code (adding the 8 important files: alloc.c, ctype.c, div.c, mul.c, sqrt.c, stdio.c, stdlib.c, string.c + the 4 novo files) With this everything works as it should, finally got no error at all. So I have started compiled with SourceBoost Ide for small errors and stuff like that, but when I need to move further I have to change to MPLAB.

Strange isn't it?

I know is an old thread, but finally after 2 years, got all the code running fine on sourceboost and mplab. The problem was present on 6.90, 6.91 and 6.92 (not present on 6.89) so I stop upgrading, since 6.89 worked fine but not the new ones. This week I downloaded 6.97 and was happy to check that this problem is gone. Something that was messing up was finally out. Thanks guys

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this