soft2

Find In Files

If I want to find a string in multiple files, the Find in Files command appears to only allow searching one type of file at a time (unless I'm missing something). for example if I want to find all instances of "foobar" in both .c and .h then I have to do two searches, one specifying *.c and then another for *.h. Most editors allow you to specify multiple types using sytax such as this: *.c, *.h. Some days I use another editor because I get tired of this but then it's a pain to switch back to SB to compile.

My second wish list item today, which I found mentioned by another user over a year ago, is the ability to hot key back to the last file viewed. Ctrl-Tab sort of works for this but it cycles through all the open files instead of going back to the previous one. Better functionality for Ctrl-Tab would be to go back to the previous file, then if you don't release the ctrl key and keep pressing the tab key it will cycle through the rest of the open windows (current behavior).

Thank you and happy new year!

If I want to find a string in multiple files, the Find in Files command appears to only allow searching one type of file at a time (unless I'm missing something). for example if I want to find all instances of "foobar" in both .c and .h then I have to do two searches, one specifying *.c and then another for *.h. Most editors allow you to specify multiple types using sytax such as this: *.c, *.h.

Use a semicolon between filters

This works: *.c;*.h

Edited by kenn

Use a semicolon between filters

This works: *.c;*.h

I have already tried that. Didn't work for me. ;) What version of SB are you using? Is there something in the editor settings I need to change?

Thanks Kenn.

-softy

It does work Softy (SB 6.92).

Are you searching the correct directory/path etc.

Between the "Look in" drop down and the "Browse" button is a button labeled "." (dot). The sets the Look in to the project directory where hopefully your files are.

Cheers

Reynard

It works now. I was inserting a space after the semicolin. D'oh! Jeez I can't believe I didn't try it without the space earlier... ;)

Thanks for your help.

It works now. I was inserting a space after the semicolin. D'oh! Jeez I can't believe I didn't try it without the space earlier... :angry:

Sounds like IDE problem. Now in our todo list.

Regards,

Pavel