Sign in to follow this  
danutz

Multiple Project Configuration

SourceBoost 6.90

I need to create the same program for 2 different boards, so I duplicated the project (the .__c file), renamed the copy and used the -d compiler option to make a define. So both projects use the same sources, but not all the sources will differ by using the define. The problem:

- make changes in the sources

- build one of the projects. It will see the changes and compile the appropriate files

- build the second project. It won't see any changes in the source files, and will only link the project

Probably you compile a file only if the time it was changed is newer than the .obj time, and by building the first configuration a newer .obj was created. If this is the case, maybe you could add an information about the last compile time of every source file, in order to better separate the two projects.

Or prefix the .obj files with the projecta name...

Thank you,

Dan

Edited by danutz

SourceBoost 6.90

I need to create the same program for 2 different boards, so I duplicated the project (the .__c file), renamed the copy and used the -d compiler option to make a define. So both projects use the same sources, but not all the sources will differ by using the define. The problem:

- make changes in the sources

- build one of the projects. It will see the changes and compile the appropriate files

- build the second project. It won't see any changes in the source files, and will only link the project

Probably you compile a file only if the time it was changed is newer than the .obj time, and by building the first configuration a newer .obj was created. If this is the case, maybe you could add an information about the last compile time of every source file, in order to better separate the two projects.

Or prefix the .obj files with the projecta name...

Thank you,

Dan

http://www.opencircuits.com/BoostC_tiny_Wiki

says:

Rebuild It

Sometimes I have been able to get rid of odd errors by forcing a rebuild by erasing all but the project file and the .c and .h files. The manual suggests that Ctrl+F7 or Ctrl+build command do pretty much the same thing.

http://www.opencircuits.com/BoostC_tiny_Wiki

says:

Rebuild It

Sometimes I have been able to get rid of odd errors by forcing a rebuild by erasing all but the project file and the .c and .h files. The manual suggests that Ctrl+F7 or Ctrl+build command do pretty much the same thing.

Thank you Russ, that is useful. Anyway, it would be better to compile only the files that changed since the last build. And this could be done by creating separate obj files for each configuration.

Dan

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this