Sign in to follow this  
jerryl

Difficulty With Rom Char Initialization & Other Things

when I compile a test program using "rom char *data = {0x64, 11, 12}; " (example from boostc help) it doesn't generate any rom code. I'll attach a copy of the source and the disassembly. No compiler or linker errors are generated. Most frustrating...

also I cannot get the statement "typedef rom char rchar" to compile without error (commented out in the test file).

and I could really use some help in getting the address of rom data for use at compile time. The idea being that I need to create pointers to tables in assembly language.

Unless I can solve some of these problems I'm truly at a standstill... Please help.

Also I purchased Boost C Pro and couldn't find enough of the pieces to make the Novo RTOS work. I purchased a separate NOVO RTOS license to get what I needed but it should have been free. What can be done to correct this...

There's a really good chance that I'm the problem here because I'm having more than a little difficulty keeping what works separate from what doesn't.

Thanks... Jerryl

rom_char_disassembly_listing.txt

test5_tblptr.c.txt

PIC18F252_config_word.h.txt

when I compile a test program using "rom char *data = {0x64, 11, 12}; " (example from boostc help) it doesn't generate any rom code. I'll attach a copy of the source and the disassembly. No compiler or linker errors are generated. Most frustrating...
If you don't reference the data in the code it gets optimised away, that will be your problem.

and I could really use some help in getting the address of rom data for use at compile time. The idea being that I need to create pointers to tables in assembly language.

Unless I can solve some of these problems I'm truly at a standstill... Please help.

ROM pointers aren't currently true pointers, they are actually rom data IDs so you won't know where the data is stored from them. You are probably better of using #pragma DATA to place the data into ROM at fixed locations

Also I purchased Boost C Pro and couldn't find enough of the pieces to make the Novo RTOS work. I purchased a separate NOVO RTOS license to get what I needed but it should have been free. What can be done to correct this...
When you buy the pro-license you need to get an activation key for Novo, if you haven't already got one, then use preg.exe to apply the activation key. Now goodies.exe can be run and the Novo source code and library projects will be installed.

What exactly doesn't work?

There's a really good chance that I'm the problem here because I'm having more than a little difficulty keeping what works separate from what doesn't.
I hope the above helps.

Regards

Dave