Sign in to follow this  
gurista

Picdemz Demo/bitfields

:) I got the BoostC to compile code for PIC18xx's specifically code for the PICDEMZ demo, a popular product. One of the problems that the BoostC has is that it can't compile the Microchip code because of the lack of bit fields This has been known but was considered trivial. I personally think it is worthwhile making code that is written by MICROCHIP to compile on your platform. MICROCHIP is the PIC God. They are the ones who make the chips and they can define what is "right" even if nobody else thinks it is right.

:) I got the BoostC to compile code for PIC18xx's specifically code for the PICDEMZ demo, a popular product. One of the problems that the BoostC has is that it can't compile the Microchip code because of the lack of bit fields This has been known but was considered trivial. I personally think it is worthwhile making code that is written by MICROCHIP to compile on your platform. MICROCHIP is the PIC God. They are the ones who make the chips and they can define what is "right" even if nobody else thinks it is right.

You are quite correct. The bit field support is pretty much the only major feature that is not implemented in BoostC. This work is very high on our to-do list and we plan to add support for bit fields in the near future.

Regards,

Pavel

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this