When I use the project wizard there is only a very small number of targets listed, so I can't choose my intended target (PIC16F690)

However, under Settings / Taget on the menu there are a loarge number of tagets listed.

Is it not possible to select the precise target PIC in the project wizard?

When I use the project wizard there is only a very small number of targets listed, so I can't choose my intended target (PIC16F690)

However, under Settings / Taget on the menu there are a loarge number of tagets listed.

Is it not possible to select the precise target PIC in the project wizard?

If your chip is not listed pic the closest, a bit better than starting from nothing.

It would be awesome to have a good wizard help with the initial code set-up and structure. Especially the config pragmas etc.

I have a tiny collection of 'shell' application code (and .h's), which I know is good and works for the PIC's & configurations I generally use. My projects usually start from there.

If you have no 'shells' to start from, I would recommend find a working version of code that has what you need to get started, and work from there.