Upgraded to 6.95, -rb linker option doesn't actually locate the code at the specific location. The linker seems to think that it has (it reports less ROM space) but when you look at the code, it just plonks everything from the beginning of memory (0x0000). -rt doesn't seem to work either.

Went back to 6.89, works fine (locates code at correct location). 6.92 seems to be fine too. 6.93 is broken, so presumably somewhere between 6.92 and 6.93 the linker took a hit.

cheers

Ian.

Ian Harris,

Upgraded to 6.95, -rb linker option doesn't actually locate the code at the specific location. The linker seems to think that it has (it reports less ROM space) but when you look at the code, it just plonks everything from the beginning of memory (0x0000). -rt doesn't seem to work either.

Went back to 6.89, works fine (locates code at correct location). 6.92 seems to be fine too. 6.93 is broken, so presumably somewhere between 6.92 and 6.93 the linker took a hit.

This issue has already been reported by another user, but we are having difficulty reproducing the problem. Please send a zipped up sample project to support@sourceboost.com.

Regards

Dave

Ian Harris,

Done.

Thanks Dave. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

cheers

Ian.

BoostC V6.95 had a new Rom memory manager to allow functions to be placed at fixed addresses. I found a problem when data (using #pragma DATA) is added to these reserved areas. Look like this is now fixed, but some more testing is required.

Regards

Dave

While you gentlemen are talking about the -rb linker option, may I ask if there's a way to tell the linker to use that option from within the source file? Via a #PRAGMA statement perhaps?

Kind regards, Mike

BoostC V6.95 had a new Rom memory manager to allow functions to be placed at fixed addresses. I found a problem when data (using #pragma DATA) is added to these reserved areas. Look like this is now fixed, but some more testing is required.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave. Happy to test on the bootloader code if you have a build available.

cheers

Ian.

Mac,

While you gentlemen are talking about the -rb linker option, may I ask if there's a way to tell the linker to use that option from within the source file? Via a #PRAGMA statement perhaps?

Kind regards, Mike

There is no way yet. This is on our todo list.

Regards

Dave

Mac,

Kind regards, Mike

Regards

Dave

I can confirm that the updated linker fixes the problem - downloaded to 18f2620 and confirmed working.

I agree with Mac - a pragma for the -rb option would be much nicer than having to use the ide command line settings dialog - means the bootloader config could be automated before building.

cheers

Ian.

Mac,

Kind regards, Mike

Regards

Dave

I can confirm that the updated linker fixes the problem - downloaded to 18f2620 and confirmed working.

I agree with Mac - a pragma for the -rb option would be much nicer than having to use the ide command line settings dialog - means the bootloader config could be automated before building.

cheers

Ian.

Soooo where would one get this new linker from?

Thanks,

Randy

...Soooo where would one get this new linker from?

The fix is available from http://www.sourceboost.com/CommonDownload/...oostlinkfix.zip Please note that this is not an official fix and it will sit there for only very limited time. The official fix will be included into the next release.

Regards,

Pavel