JRJ

How To Do A Real Modulus

Is there a good way to do a proper modulus ( remainder) calculation eg: intvar = intvar%10 ?

according to the manual 19%10 =1 in boostc, but everywhere else it's 9, and I need it to be so.

This is the only C implementation I've ever seen that a modulus is a binary operator! :huh:

Heck- While I'm at it- it's the only implementation i've seen where basic arithmentic operators aren't threadsafe! :huh::huh:

JRJ,

Is there a good way to do a proper modulus ( remainder) calculation eg: intvar = intvar%10 ?

according to the manual 19%10 =1 in boostc, but everywhere else it's 9, and I need it to be so.

Which part of the manual are you looking at??

int x;

x = 19%10; // give a result of 9

This is the only C implementation I've ever seen that a modulus is a binary operator! :huh:

Heck- While I'm at it- it's the only implementation i've seen where basic arithmentic operators aren't threadsafe! :huh::huh:

This limitation is because PICs don't have a stack like other processors. This means that local variables are create on a software stack (determined when your code is linked), this makes functions non-reenterant.

So any function may cause corruption problems if called in both main and interrupt threads.

Regards

Dave