Sign in to follow this  
chuckj

Unable To Compile Non-project Dir Sources In Mplab

Running BoostC ver 6.95 on MPLAB ver 8.3.

I am compiling in MPLab using an MPLab project.

If the C file is in the same directory as the workspace or project file, it compiles fine in BoostC.

If the C source file is in a subdirectory of the workspace directory, the BoostC command line shows an attempt to compile the file as if it were in the workspace directory. This gives an "unable to open input file ...." error.

If I double click on the file within MPLab .mcw window, the file comes up in the editor just fine.

This issue is identical to the issue in Bongo's forum post of March 31st, except I am running ver 6.95.

I did not see any resolution in that post, so I did a new post rather than post to that thread.

Is there something I can do within MPLab to make this work - aside from putting all of my sources in the workspace dir???

Thanks.

Running BoostC ver 6.95 on MPLAB ver 8.3.

I am compiling in MPLab using an MPLab project.

If the C file is in the same directory as the workspace or project file, it compiles fine in BoostC.

If the C source file is in a subdirectory of the workspace directory, the BoostC command line shows an attempt to compile the file as if it were in the workspace directory. This gives an "unable to open input file ...." error.

If I double click on the file within MPLab .mcw window, the file comes up in the editor just fine.

This issue is identical to the issue in Bongo's forum post of March 31st, except I am running ver 6.95.

I did not see any resolution in that post, so I did a new post rather than post to that thread.

Is there something I can do within MPLab to make this work - aside from putting all of my sources in the workspace dir???

Thanks.

Hi chuckj

I have had the same problem so I wrote some VBScript to copy any project source .c and .h files to the project root directory...

copyfile.vbs

Dim fs, currentFolder, files, aFile

Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

curDir = fs.GetAbsolutePathName(".")

Set folder = fs.GetFolder(curDir)

For Each item in folder.SubFolders
Set currentFolder = fs.GetFolder(item.path)
Set files = currentFolder.Files
For Each aFile in files
	If fs.GetExtensionName(aFile) = "c" Or fs.GetExtensionName(aFile) = "h"  Then
		fs.CopyFile aFile, curDir & "\"
	End If
Next
Next

Set folder  = Nothing
Set fs	  = Nothing

I use a batch file to run this script from the Pre-Build Step in the Custom Options of the project (I use MPLAB).

copyall.bat

cd "<your project directory>"
cscript //Nologo copyfiles.vbs

This then copies all the source files in the sub-directories of the project directory into the project directory prior to compilation.

Its a bit kludgy but it gets round the problem of keeping the project source in separate directories.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Mike.