MIGUELMAURICIOR

Compiling For Pic 12f629 In Boostc++?

Hello,

If I want to compile program for PIC 12f629 under MPLAB what I must choose to achieve it . I have a Boost C++ full version. In the list of supported devices it appears. Can you tell me what I must do?

ThanksCOMPILATION FOR PIC12F629 OR 12F675

Hello,

If I want to compile program for PIC 12f629 under MPLAB what I must choose to achieve it . I have a Boost C++ full version. In the list of supported devices it appears. Can you tell me what I must do?

Have you followed the steps in the BoostC++ manual for MPLAB integration?

Regards

Dave

Hello,

Have you followed the steps in the BoostC++ manual for MPLAB integration?

Regards

Dave

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hello Dave,

Let me clear this for you.

The software was correctly installed both of them the tool suite and the linker so there is no problem with it. The problem is focused in how to compile for a 12F family. I have the both options for PIC 16 and for PIC 18 families but what I must choose to complie a PIC from 12F family?

Let know your point of view.

Thanks.

MIGUELMAURICIOR,

The software was correctly installed both of them the tool suite and the linker so there is no problem with it. The problem is focused in how to compile for a 12F family. I have the both options for PIC 16 and for PIC 18 families but what I must choose to complie a PIC from 12F family?
The PIC12F629 is really a PIC16 core device in PIC12 clothing. So please use the PIC16 compiler and linker options for this target.

Regards

Dave

MIGUELMAURICIOR,
The PIC12F629 is really a PIC16 core device in PIC12 clothing. So please use the PIC16 compiler and linker options for this target.

Regards

Dave

Hello Dave,

I have attached a document where you will see the results after building the project. Please let know what is wrong.

compiling_errors.pdf

I have attached a document where you will see the results after building the project. Please let know what is wrong.[/color]
Looks like you need to add the PIC16 floating point library to the MPLAB project, you can find it in your SourceBoost installation directory in the lib folder. You may find the code size ends up too large for your target when you do this.

Regards

Dave

I have attached a document where you will see the results after building the project. Please let know what is wrong.[/color]
Looks like you need to add the PIC16 floating point library to the MPLAB project, you can find it in your SourceBoost installation directory in the lib folder. You may find the code size ends up too large for your target when you do this.

Regards

Dave

Hello Dave,

I checked the Source boost file and I found there the libraries but Can you tell me how I do to Add this libraries to the MPLAB project??

Thanks....

Hello again Dave,

I made a mistake and I forgot to tell you in the last mail that in the program I just using logic operation in others words reading inputs and changing the state of the outputs according with the state of the inputs. No more so in this case I do not neeed the floating pint librarie. If you need to see the pogram I can send you in private.

Let know please.

This a complement of my last reply.

Regards.

Hello again Dave,

I made a mistake and I forgot to tell you in the last mail that in the program I just using logic operation in others words reading inputs and changing the state of the outputs according with the state of the inputs. No more so in this case I do not neeed the floating pint librarie. If you need to see the pogram I can send you in private.

Let know please.

This a complement of my last reply.

Regards.

Hello Dave,

I did not hear from you again. Plase see the previous comments.

Thanks

Let know please.

You must have a file in you project that uses the floating point library. What files are in your project. Post the project on the forum and them someone can take a look.

Sorry for not replying for a while.

Regards

Dave

Let know please.

You must have a file in you project that uses the floating point library. What files are in your project. Post the project on the forum and them someone can take a look.

Sorry for not replying for a while.

Regards

Dave

Hello Dave,

OK I will. But first can you clear for me respect the file. I thought including the line (float.....) in the program it was enught, Is not it?

MIGUELMAURICIOR

OK I will. But first can you clear for me respect the file. I thought including the line (float.....) in the program it was enught, Is not it?What do you mean by (float.....) ??

If you want to use the floating point functions in your code you need to add #include<float.h> to the source code that use such functions (so the compiler knows about the floating point functions while compiling), and add the floating point library to the project so the actual code is linked in by the linker.

Please take a look at the sample program including in the installation: CircleArea.__c

Regards

Dave

MIGUELMAURICIOR

OK I will. But first can you clear for me respect the file. I thought including the line (float.....) in the program it was enught, Is not it?

What do you mean by (float.....) ??

If you want to use the floating point functions in your code you need to add #include<float.h> to the source code that use such functions (so the compiler knows about the floating point functions while compiling), and add the floating point library to the project so the actual code is linked in by the linker.

Please take a look at the sample program including in the installation: CircleArea.__c

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

Long time ago without hearing about me. I was traveling for work reasons. I cheked the exmple but in founf the same lines I included in my code. I must tell you I am not a very experienced user so I will need a more focused help from you. I do not remenber if I sent you the code but if you need it is ok. I do not understand the last line of your reply:add the floating point library to the project so the actual code is linked in by the linker

what I have to do to get it? let me know please

Thanks.

If you read the section "MPLAB Intergration" in the C++ manual it explains all you need to use SourceBoost within MPLAB and how to include libraries into your project.

Have you tried using the SB IDE instead of MPLAB to get your project off the ground and gain more experience.

Cheers

Reynard

If you read the section "MPLAB Intergration" in the C++ manual it explains all you need to use SourceBoost within MPLAB and how to include libraries into your project.

Have you tried using the SB IDE instead of MPLAB to get your project off the ground and gain more experience.

Cheers

Reynard

Hi,

When I installed the software I chose the integration option so What is worng. Since I bought the software I had problems. All the codes generated by Flow code have been compiled in assembler becuase the C++ compiler is not working. So can some body tell what I must check in order to verify the correct instalation of the software and the correct integration with the MPLAB?????. I reinstalled the software and the problem still persist. Let know if you need some details. Thanks. I did all that is described in the help manual so....

Have you included "float.pic16.lib" from the SourceBoost install directory to your project? I believe it is in the "Lib" directory. By default, this means that you can find it under "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Lib".

You still need to add

#include <float.h>

to the source file even after you add the float.pic16.lib file to you project.

To add the library to your project, read the help files in MPLAB.

However, just as a recommendation, you may want to find an alternative to using floats if you are a beginning programmer. I don't know about BoostC++, but in BoostC using floats is very different than they way they are used when writing computer software.

Also, including some of your source code may help us help you faster.

- Bill

Have you included "float.pic16.lib" from the SourceBoost install directory to your project? I believe it is in the "Lib" directory. By default, this means that you can find it under "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Lib".

You still need to add

#include <float.h>

to the source file even after you add the float.pic16.lib file to you project.

To add the library to your project, read the help files in MPLAB.

However, just as a recommendation, you may want to find an alternative to using floats if you are a beginning programmer. I don't know about BoostC++, but in BoostC using floats is very different than they way they are used when writing computer software.

Also, including some of your source code may help us help you faster.

- Bill

Hi Bill,

I could not reply before because of my work. I was out of my office. I have a question. I added the line #include <float.h>, but nothing happens so Can you tell me how I do to add the library to my project?

Thanks..

I could not reply before because of my work. I was out of my office. I have a question. I added the line #include <float.h>, but nothing happens so Can you tell me how I do to add the library to my project?

Right click on the root in MPLAB project tree window, select the menu "Add files...", find and select the file float.pic16.lib (it will be in the lib folder in your SourceBoost installation directory), press OK. This will add the library float.pic16.lib to your project.

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

It has been a long time ago. Excuseme for not replying before but I had a lot of work out of my country.

I did what you told me but it seems it is not enught so I sent you and image to your mail becuase I can not opload the image here ( 104K).

Tell me if what you see in the image is what you requested me or if I did it bad.

Let know please becuase I do not what else to do.

Thanks.