Sign in to follow this  
Daz

Rs232 And A2d

Hi,

Probably a simple answer to this.

I have comms using an rs232 line driver to the pc (sourceboost terminal) displaying letters numbers and strings, so far so good.

I want to display the results of an a2d conversion, any clues please.

Regards,

Daz.

I don't think I really understand the question. Do you mean you want to know how to perform an A/D conversion and then display the result? If so, are you planning to use the internal A/D, or an external A/D chip?

Or do you mean the A/D conversion has already been done and this is what is coming in via your RS232 link, and you want to display the incoming numbers?

Perhaps you could explain more fully exactly what you are trying to do.

Steve

Edited by Thack

I don't think I really understand the question. Do you mean you want to know how to perform an A/D conversion and then display the result? If so, are you planning to use the internal A/D, or an external A/D chip?

Or do you mean the A/D conversion has already been done and this is what is coming in via your RS232 link, and you want to display the incoming numbers?

Perhaps you could explain more fully exactly what you are trying to do.

Steve

The A2D has been performed and I want to display the result.

I still don't understand. Do you mean you've done the A/D conversion in the PIC, and want to send the result of the A/D conversion up the RS232 link into the computer, and display it there?

Or do you mean you want to receive some A/D data via the RS232 link and display it using your PIC and some sort of LCD display?

Or is the RS232 stuff nothing to do with the A/D stuff?

It's just that A/D conversion and serial comms aren't obviously related, so we're having to guess what you are trying to do.

SteveT

Daz,

Do you mean you want to take a 10 or 12 bit binary result from the ADC and convert it to an ASCII decimal number string to send to the terminal?

If so check out the uitoa_dec() library function. (Or possibly itoa() or even sprintf() at the expense of *MUCH* ROM bloat.)

Daz,

Do you mean you want to take a 10 or 12 bit binary result from the ADC and convert it to an ASCII decimal number string to send to the terminal?

If so check out the uitoa_dec() library function. (Or possibly itoa() or even sprintf() at the expense of *MUCH* ROM bloat.)

Hi IanM,

At last someone who understands english.

I will do as you've suggested, thankyou.

Regards,

Daz.

At last someone who understands english.

Don't be so rude. I was trying to help. Your question was incredibly unclear.

Here's how your question looks in REAL English:

"I have performed an A/D conversion in the PIC. I now want to display the results of the conversion in the SourceBoost IDE Terminal Page. I am using an RS232 link from the PIC and can send letters, numbers and strings to the Terminal Page successfully. How do I convert the binary data from the A/D conversion into human-readable numbers for display in the Terminal Page?"

THAT is English.

Young man, you need to learn some manners.

Steve