Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe

V5.4 crashes and burns

Guest Joe

After using the product for about 3 hrs, i hit the compile button and the program locks-up, infact the crash is so serious that WinXP (pro) cannot close the program using its build in "end now".

Ctrl-alt-del does not bring up the task manager so i cant check what memory it is using.

The PC appears to still opperate (clock is working, i can use the internet etc.) but cannot use task manager, and cannot close the program by ANY means.

The only way out is to reset the PC using the reset switch on the front of my case.

I cannot reprduce this fault after the reset, and the file appears to compile again, but this has now happened several times to me, and on 2 different PCs.

Guest Pavel

Hmmm this might be a memory problem. Can you track memory useage on your pc?

Regards,

Pavel

Guest Joe

indeed i can, but i dont want to run a memory utility whilst writing code because they genericly slow down the system, and once the crash has occured, thats it... hit the reset btn!

Looks like you have a memory leak somewhere, i could profile it with visual studio profiler, but i would need a version that was build in "debug" mode as apposed to release so that the app contains the exception core code.

Guest Pavel

For security purposes I don't give away debug versions of the products. There is a knows memory leak in the editor in foldingcode (will be fixed in the next release). Do you have folding enabled?

Regards,

Pavel

Guest Joe

I didnt expect you would allow a debug version to be released.

re folding: no i dont have it enabled.