bongo

Much Bigger Code When Running From Within Mplab

when i build my project within the sourceboost IDE (6.96), it requires for 92% program memory.

when i build from within MPLAB 8.40, after a very looooong time i get a failure and it reports that the design requiers for 101% program memory.

i already had this effect with former projects, requiring for about 10% more program memory when building them from within MPLAB.

what am i doing wrong?

thanx!

bongo,

when i build my project within the sourceboost IDE (6.96), it requires for 92% program memory.

when i build from within MPLAB 8.40, after a very looooong time i get a failure and it reports that the design requiers for 101% program memory.

i already had this effect with former projects, requiring for about 10% more program memory when building them from within MPLAB.

what am i doing wrong?

thanx!

Interesting. It maybe that the files are linked in a different order, take a look at the linker command line when building under SB IDE and MPLAB.

Regards

Dave

hi dave

thanx for the answer!

looks like i found the reason:

when optimization is enabled in mplab, it compiles and links with the -O1 option, resulting in the bigger code.

when i turn off optimization, there is no such option and the result shrinks to 92%.

this behaviour does not really make sense, but at least it seems to work now!

thank you!

regards

bongo