Alistair George

Alternative Compiler

While reading the IDE manual I noticed this:

other compilers, debuggers, and simulators. We know how to do this and we are good in doing this. For

more details send a mail to support@sourceboost.com with a short description of the kind of

customization you are looking for.

Please consider enabling user addition of other compilers for the new IDE? I'm not a fan of MPLAB or Hitech and have to use another compiler for the 10F series, preferably using SourceBoost IDE.

Thanks,

Some months ago I asked if it would be possible to make the old Sourceboost C2C compiler available again which supported the PIC12 12 bit core. I don't want to distract Dave and Pavel before BoostC V7 is out and debugged, but if enough people are asking for 12 bit core support something might happen . . . There would need to be enough documentation for the community to be able to add new devices as I think the Sourceboost team would prefer not to have to support an obsolete product.

Some months ago I asked if it would be possible to make the old Sourceboost C2C compiler available again which supported the PIC12 12 bit core. I don't want to distract Dave and Pavel before BoostC V7 is out and debugged, but if enough people are asking for 12 bit core support something might happen . . . There would need to be enough documentation for the community to be able to add new devices as I think the Sourceboost team would prefer not to have to support an obsolete product.

Hi Ian.

I did not know such a thing existed. Ive been really happy with BoostC and have been waiting for firming up of a project eg money coming in before buying it. Typically, the sales people have moved the goalpost and my design using a 12F683 is too expensive for them, they want to sell a unit for $10 retail, which means we have to use the 10F family.

I'm just wondering how hard would it be to tweak the ASM code generated by BoostC to fit 10F; have you tried this Ian?

For now the best way to add C2C is to install SourceBoost 6.84 from here (this is the last release that included the C2C compiler) and than install latest SourceBoost release on the top of 6.84 installation.

Regards,

Pavel

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.