Sign in to follow this  
teunizz

Build (F7) does not work after upgrading

After upgrading from 5.5 to 5.2.2 the Build button doesn't function anymore. When i use it (or press F7) the outputscreen blanks and nothing happens. The other buttons work normal like Compile, Assemble and Programmer. I checked  Settings -> Build -> Build options...  Any idea?

Grtz, teunizz

Guest Pavel

I can not reproduce this. Build works fine on my machine.

Is the output panel absolutly blank after you press the build button (or F7) or it still prints anything?

Regards,

Pavel

After upgrading from 5.5 to 5.2.2 the Build button doesn't function anymore. When i use it (or press F7) the outputscreen blanks and nothing happens. The other buttons work normal like Compile, Assemble and Programmer. I checked  Settings -> Build -> Build options...  Any idea?

Grtz, teunizz

This has happened for me too, but only couple times. Restarting the IDE has always helpped. Build doesn't "build" if you haven't made any changes to the sources.

Guest Pavel

Since now ide uses make to build th project the "build" command will do anything only if sources were changed. For example if you change a C file from a project the build command will call compiler and assembler (this assumes that both compiler and assembler are enabled in the Build options dialog). If something in assembly file was changed than the build command will start assembler only. If nothing was changed the build command will do nothing. Let me know if that's not what you are seeing.

Regards,

Pavel

Guest peter

On my system Build (F7) only works if in Build options "program" is not marked!

Program itself works ok. but if is take it in the build options. Build doesn't work anymore

Guest Pavel

I found the cause of this problem. It will be fix in the next release. The workaround is to disable programming as part of the build process (in the "Build options" dialog).

Regards,

Pavel